“Great location, comfortable, home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phillips Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Phillips Club
Ranked #333 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Westminster, MD
“Great location, comfortable, home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have to first of all thank the doormen, they were so sweet and helpful. The location is fantastic, near Lincoln Center, grocery store, wonderful cafes and restaurants, and of course Central Park. We stayed in a one bedroom exec suite. It had all the amenities including a kitchen that had everything you would ever need. The apartment was huge. My husband is handicapped and has to use a powerchair so having a lot of room is important for him to maneouver. This apartment was perfect for him. Only issue was we had booked an accessible room and they put us in a regular room. Within half an hour they had corrected the problem and relocated us to a more suitable room. We throroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ifish222
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 25 May 2016
Thank you so much! Even the Studios here are larger than many hotel suites! I am sorry about the mix up and am happy we were able to accommodate your husband. The kitchen does come in handy, especially late at night or early in the morning when you don't feel like getting dressed for breakfast!

Hope to see you again soon!

DR
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Developed as condos, these suites are well equiped for a long stay, but perfectly reasonable for a brief visit as well. Nice staff. Grocery store right next door.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank SactoTraveler95819
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 26 May 2016
Thank you! You are exactly right! The large size of our rooms is a great asset whether you are here for one night or 100 nights! There is so much more space than a typical New York hotel room.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Bucks County, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

I've stayed twice, most recently in April, 2011. You can't beat the location in a terrific neighborhood right by Lincoln Center and the Subway. I stayed in a one-bedroom, which had more than generous space. There is a full kitchen, which helps save a bundle on food expenses in NYC, since you can eat breakfast and other meals in the apartment (there is a Food Emporium supermarket across the street and uptown a block or so and a gourmet deli next door). There is a coffee pot in the room - and a bag of ground coffee, which I thought was a nice touch. The staff was attentive. I stayed here on another occasion with my children and had a very pleasant stay. Guests have gym privileges at Club Reebok, across the street. I didn't have time to go, but heard it's nice. The Phillips Club subway stop (66th / Lincoln Center) is a few stops north of the theater district and Penn Station.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank pugmeister2011
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 27 May 2016
Thank you for your kind review. You should see the local Gym now!!! It is a fully renovated Equinox and has everything anyone needs to work out, swim, relax on the sundeck, enjoy the sauna etc. I think it has to be one of the best in the City! Come back and give it a try - I think you will be even more pleased!

Kind regards and hope to see you soon!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

I have never written a negative review of anything before and I had such a terrible experience at the Phillips Club that I felt compelled to write about it. I stayed there with my 2 children in January of this year and had several negative experiences. On one occasion the doorman refused to get me a taxi when I asked him and instead poitned out the door and told me to get one myself. On another occasion the porter refused to move my luggage until it was zipped to his satisfaction and when we reached my room he yelled at me for not having the key. And on yet another occasion the sofa bed was not made up for the kids our first evening and there were no sheets or pillows available in the room. When I called down I was admonished for not telling them I need the bed made and had to go downstairs and wait at the front desk for someone to get me sheets so I could make the bed myself. The worst part of all of this was that when I spoke to the manager about all of this he was nice and then did absolutely nothing to correct the problems. Even worse, when I wrote a review on Yelp, he had it "filtered" for negative content. It was bad enough that I paid luxury prices for terrible service, but that my concerns went unacknowledged and then surpressed make me incredibly furious and even more determined to let everyone know that this is aboslutely the last place on earth they should stay unless they want to pay a lot of money for hostile service.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
42 Thank HeatherRandall
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 31 May 2016
Thank you for your review. As this was five years ago, I can honestly say that your review does not describe The Phillips Club I walked into three months ago as General Manager. I am not quite sure what happened during your stay or why, but I do apologize for it. Please rest assured that your experience would be quite different if you visited us today and I hope you will do so!

Kind regards,

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Manhattan is terrific, but very tough and can be daunting. Phillips Club provides a refuge where we can stock the kitchen with comfort foods from the Columbus Circle Whole Foods, nearby Food Emporium, downstairs Gourmet Garage and other take-outs we encounter. Then, relax and eat breakfast and perhaps some other meals in, and feel like real New Yorkers. Beds are comfy, with luxe linens. The East Side is just a pleasant stroll along Central Park South away. In moderate weather, we walk to the theater district. Just a few blocks south is busy midtown, which offers much, but we find too frantic and congested to call home. We are a real estate family, so we recognize that Phillips Club has location, location, location!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank sevencousins
, General Manager at Phillips Club, responded to this review, 1 June 2016
Thank you so much!!! I too find myself at home here - the area has so much more to offer than in Midtown where I worked for most of my career. I love the small boutiques in the area - there is even a charming French mustard shop! It is an outstanding location and you are right, The Phillips Club is part of the fabric of New York. You don't just 'stay' here, you live like a New Yorker!

Hope to welcome you back!