1,069 results
All reviews full kitchen upper east side subway construction one bedroom apartment sinai hospital living room second avenue central park new york washer dryer museum mile extended stay home away from home front desk staff the upper floors bit dated few blocks
Reviewed 9 February 2010

It was great stay. Clean & modern decorated room, full kitchen (even fine chinaware)was wonderful. I stayed with my husband, 9 and 19 years children. At the end of the day we supposedly returned our residence. The location is very well. You can easily reach mid/downtown by bus or metro. Employees were very polite. There is no need to search a hotel next time. Here is great one!

Date of stay: February 2010
1  Thank empathyIstanbul
Reviewed 8 February 2010

The Marmara Manhattan is a great hotel, especially for extended stays. The suites are simple, clean and comfortable. As far as I know each has a kitchen and separate lounge area. The staff are very welcoming and will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one, exlempifying that famous Turkish hospitality. The Marmara hotel chain is based in Turkey, Istanbul I think. The Marmara hotels in Turkey are well-known and hold a reputation for excellence. The Marmar Manhattan is no exception.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeenYolcu
Reviewed 28 January 2010

The Hotel is a very nice place to stay if you have buissness on the Uppewr East side... If not it is a bit out of the way. The rooms are nice and large. Very comfortable. The decor is OK but not fancy. Beds are comfortable, clean and well maintained.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I strongly recommend the Marmara Manhattan. My husband was an in-patient at Mt. Sinai Hospital and we did not know the duration of his stay. I am a small town girl and intimidated by staying in New Your City by myself. The Marmara Manhattan became my haven. Nesli (and the others in reservations) are wonderful. They understand that surgical and medical stays are unpredictable in duration and very stressful. They provided us a great rate because my husband was in-patient at Mt. Sinai and were very flexible in scheduling.

The hotel is very attractive, clean, roomy, and well maintained. It is unique, not your standard cookie cutter rooms. It is about a 20 minute walk to Mt. Sinai which I enjoyed taking. The suites are really attractive and even my teenage daughters were saying what I good job I had done finding it! In addition to the great rate, it has a full kitchen and a grocery around the corner. I cooked most meals there and was able to keep down the cost of my stay.

What particularly struck me about the Marmara Manhattan is that everyone from reservations, to the front desk, to the doorman and bellhop, were friendly and helpful. This place understands customer service. Unfortunately we will not be coming back to the Marmara because my husband has chosen to change hospitals to Cleveland Clinic. When he is all fixed up and healthy again, my goal is to return to the Marmara for a few days with my family and relax and spend some time with them in the city.

If you need to find a place while a family member is in one of the nearby hospitals, choose the Marmara Manhattan. I talked to other families who had chosen the Wales and the Marriot. They were not nearly as happy with their choices as I was with mine.

Date of stay: November 2009
1  Thank CTGeorgia
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We travelled to New York with our 8 month old son and felt when we booked we would need cooking amenities and this hotel provided all we would need and more. They were extremely helpful from the moment of arrival to the moment of departure, including directing us to a great diner nearby and changing the crib they provided for a smaller size (american cribs are very large) they gave us a bassinette which is a travel cot! The front of house staff were always very friendly, no matter what time of day or night and the maid service were superb and catered for our family's needs very well. Although there is work on a new subway branch going on nearby I would certainly not let this put you off staying here as it did not bother us at all as and we were on the side of the work and on a lower floor. Although it is located a little further out than a central location like Times Square, the nearby subway meant that nowhere was further away than 20 minutes at the most.

Date of stay: October 2009