“perfect home away from home”

The Marmara Manhattan
Ranked #144 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We extended our stay at Marmara within the hour of our arrival because the Marmara is that lovely and ideal for a family visiting NYC. Our "hotel room" was a sprawling, beautiful 1 bedroom apartment with one and a half bath and laundry facilities in the apartment. The apartment was immaculate. The view from every window was stunning and this was the quietest place I have ever stayed in NYC. We ordered out each night and enjoyed fabulous meals delivered to our door. The staff were all very kind and helpful as were residents. Additionally we got great rates for such a wonderful place to stay. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 February 2010

It was great stay. Clean & modern decorated room, full kitchen (even fine chinaware)was wonderful. I stayed with my husband, 9 and 19 years children. At the end of the day we supposedly returned our residence. The location is very well. You can easily reach mid/downtown by bus or metro. Employees were very polite. There is no need to search a hotel next time. Here is great one!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank empathyIstanbul
Reviewed 8 February 2010

The Marmara Manhattan is a great hotel, especially for extended stays. The suites are simple, clean and comfortable. As far as I know each has a kitchen and separate lounge area. The staff are very welcoming and will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one, exlempifying that famous Turkish hospitality. The Marmara hotel chain is based in Turkey, Istanbul I think. The Marmara hotels in Turkey are well-known and hold a reputation for excellence. The Marmar Manhattan is no exception.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeenYolcu
Reviewed 28 January 2010

The Hotel is a very nice place to stay if you have buissness on the Uppewr East side... If not it is a bit out of the way. The rooms are nice and large. Very comfortable. The decor is OK but not fancy. Beds are comfortable, clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I strongly recommend the Marmara Manhattan. My husband was an in-patient at Mt. Sinai Hospital and we did not know the duration of his stay. I am a small town girl and intimidated by staying in New Your City by myself. The Marmara Manhattan became my haven. Nesli (and the others in reservations) are wonderful. They understand that surgical and medical stays are unpredictable in duration and very stressful. They provided us a great rate because my husband was in-patient at Mt. Sinai and were very flexible in scheduling.

The hotel is very attractive, clean, roomy, and well maintained. It is unique, not your standard cookie cutter rooms. It is about a 20 minute walk to Mt. Sinai which I enjoyed taking. The suites are really attractive and even my teenage daughters were saying what I good job I had done finding it! In addition to the great rate, it has a full kitchen and a grocery around the corner. I cooked most meals there and was able to keep down the cost of my stay.

What particularly struck me about the Marmara Manhattan is that everyone from reservations, to the front desk, to the doorman and bellhop, were friendly and helpful. This place understands customer service. Unfortunately we will not be coming back to the Marmara because my husband has chosen to change hospitals to Cleveland Clinic. When he is all fixed up and healthy again, my goal is to return to the Marmara for a few days with my family and relax and spend some time with them in the city.

If you need to find a place while a family member is in one of the nearby hospitals, choose the Marmara Manhattan. I talked to other families who had chosen the Wales and the Marriot. They were not nearly as happy with their choices as I was with mine.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family