“Good hotel, Great location”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #77 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My two daughters and I stayed here for 4 nights over Easter weekend (2 double beds). Location can't be beat. Public transportation (subway) access steps away from front door of hotel. Numerous subway lines converge at Herald Square. Tons of shopping in area, Macy's around the corner. Check in was quick, although room wasn't ready at time of arrival, we were able to store luggage. Room was clean, not fancy, beds comfortable. We had a room on upper floor with view of Empire State Building. Water pressure great, limited amenities, fast secure elevator. Enjoyed coffee and lemonade in lobby each day. Lobby is small, limited seating, but we were out all day and didn't return till late night. Didn't utilize services (concierge or dining). Would stay again because of location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with Empire Sate Building view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street

Reviewed 26 April 2012

After reading the reviews, I decided on the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th. I was not disappointed. Check-in was easy and quick. Staff all very friendly. I reserved a king city view and got a nice room on the 25th floor with a great view of the Empire State Building. Very clean room with all of the amenities, and really like having a small fridge and microwave oven. The bed was heavenly, slept like a baby. The free WiFi one of the fastest I have ever had at a hotel. I ended up having most of my breakfasts' in the breakfast room, a really great buffet. The location is fantastic, as there is a subway entrance located literally steps away. Another one is located just a few blocks away. Great market/deli's nearby. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If having a view of the surroundings is important, simply ask for a city view room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, we had an early morning flight and arrived at the hotel at 1pm 2 hours before check in, Ali checked us in straight away and we had a 2 double city view room, when we got to our room it was lovely and big full bathroom with a city view we was a bit dissapointed because when we booked we had requested an empire state building view which we didn't have, we went back to reception and saw Ali again who then changed our room with no fuss to a slightly smaller room still with two doubles but with a fantastic view of the empire state building, perfect couldn't of asked for better service thanks to Ali. Room was lovely with bath and a powerfully shower and being on the 27th floor was very quiet. Location is great with herald square subway just a few steps from the hotel. Tony di Napoli is a great Italian restaurant just off times square and top of the strand is a good rooftop bar with great views of the ESB and lovely cocktails. Overall we had a fantastic time again, love this city can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Clean, comfortable room. Great staff. Windows that actually open! My only complaint is the fact that the restaurant is only open for breakfast. I know it's New York and there are restauranys everywhere, but when I arrived, it was pouring and the last thing that I wanted to do was go outin the rain.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at the property many times before I was looking forward to a quiet room and a restful stay. Unfortunately the concept of service has left this hotel, and after this stay I will not be back. The front desk staff didn't know how to check someone in, and after being shuffled from person to person I was finally assisted by perhaps the rudest front desk person ever. She informed me that even though I had a guaranteed reservation for a city view (upper floor) all she had was a room on the 2nd floor. Change in rate for a different class of room? No chance. Discuss any other room possibilities? No, here are your room keys, please go away. The front desk is their first impression, and they need to fix it. I will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank DJinCR
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear DJ in CR,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th. I am so sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. It is our aim to at least meet if not exceed all of our guest's expectation. I apologize that you did not have a good experience. Unfortunately I do not have the full details to follow up with an internal investigation on your particular reservation. However, I do extend my apologies for such an inconvenience.

I will certainly address this issue with my team. Thank you for sharing.

Regards