We tried different hotels but this is by far the best for couples who want to have fun. Not really suitable for families specially with kids, bathrooms are usually open and there is not much intimacy. Suits are amazingly spacious, the 70s style is super cool, the view is amazing: full windows allow the best view of the City. Location is perfect on the most vibrant part of the city, great boutiques and street life. Top restaurants in the neighborhood and the hotel restaurant itself "The Grill" food is fresh service is impeccable and personal good looking and fashionable and very kind and helfpful. We made this place our second home!! Standard people we love you except the nasty French guy at La Bain (one of the clubs).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City