1,887 results
All reviewsstumptown coffeesmeg fridgebreslin restaurantmedium roommini roomjohn doryoyster baropening ceremonyhipster hotelphoto boothlobby barnew yorkcool hotelthe empire state buildingflatiron districtbarber shopcool vibe
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and I travel a lot, both domestically and internationally. Whenever possible, we stay at an Ace Hotel. We love the young vibe and the bustling lobbies filled with interesting people (and old fashioned photo booths!), and there's always good food nearby.

The NY Ace is one of our favorites! We've stayed there twice, and are going back again this weekend. Staff there is super friendly and attentive, and the rooms are very comfortable and well-equipped (their little packets of cashews are SO good!), and clean. The bed especially is deliciously comfy, which we so appreciate (and our backs thank us for). We also appreciate that some rooms include a sofa that turns into another comfortable bed (big enough for our 6'4" son).

The hotel is in a busy part of the city (the view of the Empire State Building from our window was gorgeous), so there is some noise. But the windows and shutters do a great job of blocking it out.

Plus, the city bustling means there are loads of great restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. The Ace's restaurant—the Breslin—is insanely good (and busy, so make sure to make a reservation)! We ate there several times during our stay, and loved every meal. One night, we had such a fun experience trying the most amazing gin drinks from one of the best bartenders we've met on our journeys.

There's also a Stumptown in the lobby, if like us, good coffee is important to you. Plus, there's an adorable little gift shop next door with all sorts of fun and unusual gifts (that's where we usually pick something up for our kids back home).

The lobby is almost always busy and bustling, filled with travelers from all over the world. And there's often something cool happening there that involves music. We never know what we'll find there when we come down from our room, but it's always upbeat and interesting. The hotel is also dog friendly, which we appreciate!

If having a comfortable bed and well-equipped room is important to you, you want tasty food and drinks nearby, and you enjoy being around creative and interesting people in a great part part of the city, the Midtown Ace is a perfect choice!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Alex P, Front Desk Agent at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hey Crilov!

WOW! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed so much of what our hotel has to offer! There is a lot we take pride in and your kind words highlighted pretty much every single one of them. Please let us know when you plan on returning! We hope to see you soon.

Best,
Alex and the Staff at Ace Hotel New York

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I organized a week long corporate workshop for 70 people, with as many rooms. We also rented the Liberty Hall, as well as several lofts, and the conference room. It was a great success.

The staff were very helpful in trying to satisfy our various needs. The John Dory restaurant was great.

My only compliant is that there are too few elevators and they are too slow. But I got lots of exercise walking the stairs.

Overall I was very satisfied.

Stayed: March 2018

Hello Yossi,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that your event went off without a hitch! We will take your feedback into account for future consideration. Hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Alex and the Staff of Ace Hotel New York

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Our family of three (boy, 10 yrs) stayed here for a week, and the hotell was great in every way; good service, great location, fun and hip vibe and, finally, a really nice room.
The hotel is easy to find, and is located close to the Empire State Building. Subway right around the corner.
Our room was spacious, with two good-sized beds. Bathroom was a bit small, but not so small it was an issue.
Very comfortable room, all in all.
Service was always good and everyone was helpfull. We had to extend our stay by one night because our flight was cancelled, and the staff sorted us out in no time.
The vibe of this hotel is hip, and what I guess is, very NYC-cool. The lobby area always buzzing with locals.
This place is great for anyone who's really hoping to find that NYC-vibe, even though it is a bit pricy. It's worth it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jason H, Manager at Ace Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi Trond,

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad that we had the chance to accommodate your family and yourself. We hope your visit to NYC was a great one and you all had a chance to see the many things that make the city great. Come back and visit Ace again soon. Have a wonderful week! xoxo, Jason and the Staff of Ace Hotel New York

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Most recent stay at the Ace NYC was for work. I love staying here when I’m in town. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient. Location is great. Food and drinks are always superb (breakfast from the Breslin is my favorite - try the three cheese sandwich with ham and egg!). I’ve stayed in all different style rooms here and each one has its own charm. I love having the minibar options, and room service is quick and beautifully presented. I feel right at home when I’m here. I also enjoy the hotel lobby vibe and the unique artwork in the gallery. The Ace is less a hotel and more something to be experienced. I can’t wait to be back again!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hi laur959,

Thank you so much for your review. Your words are very kind and we are beyond appreciative to have your support. We love that you said that Ace is less a hotel and more of an experience. And we always look forward to sharing that experience with guests like yourself. We'll see you again soon! xoxo, Jason and the Staff of Ace Hotel New York

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have stayed at a lot of business oriented hotels in NYC, and The Ace is definitely a do over. I had several associates who stayed there as well and we were able to share notes on our various rooms. It has an interesting early industrial feel. Comfortable beds, glorious shower! The toilet could easily handle an executive class growler without a hint of clogging. Plenty of space and creative storage!, I liked the fridge, radio, and desk area. Lighting is low key, which is tasteful. Each room seems to have unique wall decoration scheme, mine was quite odd, (quite amusing! think hamburger bob meets clockwork orange).but art is what it is, and that is always a positive.
Service was top drawer, from the desk staff to housekeeping and room service. Great hamburger too! The lounge/lobby is jumping with activity. Nice area to hang out.
Lots of eating establishments in walking distance. Great stay!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hi fluffyflex,

Thanks so much for your review. We're so grateful that you had a great stay with us. We're also appreciative of your eye for detail. We always want our guests to feel at home with us and to be inspired by their surroundings. We hope you come back and visit with us again soon. Have a great week! xoxo, Jason and the Staff of Ace Hotel New York