“Great tour for adults and kids”

Scott's Pizza Tours
Book In Advance
Pizza Walking Tour of Manhattan
Brooklyn Pizza Walk
Deconstructing Pizza at Eataly New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scott's Pizza Tours runs public and private tours of New York's vast pizza landscape by bus and on foot. Every tour stops at multiple pizzerias, each highlighting a different phase in the evolution of the dish from its humble beginnings as a street snack to its current position as New Yorkers' food of choice. Guests get a slice at each stop and are guided through the kitchens and back rooms of the city's most significant pizzerias. AS SEEN ON: CBS Sunday Morning, Travel Channel, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, and MORE!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Scott runs a great tour for adults and kids. Scott's expertise and professional knowledge of the pizza in all its forms keeps the adults entertained and the kids love the 'behind the scenes' demonstration of how different styles of pizza are created. I rate it as one of the best tours I have done and my kids say it is a highlight of their USA trip. Scott is the kind of guy who gives you advice in addition to the tour itself. A day after the tour, we texted Scott for advice about pizza places between New York and Rhode Island and Scott texted right back with great advice about Pepe's in New Haven. Thanks to Scott, we had more great pizza in an amazing place and got to try that coal fired style! Thanks heaps Scott for a great tour and great advice!

Damian, Seamus and Tom.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Scott's Pizza Tours

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Loved this Tour.... Scotty knows his stuff when it comes to pizza, eating it, cooking it and the history of it!

We met up with Scott in the City and walked around New York trying out pizza slices at different places with different types of ovens, cheeses, sauces and pizza shops of historic value.

Scott is very energetic, friendly and a great host. Was very much looking forward to the tour and he didn’t disappoint.

Visited such pizza shops as John’s Pizzeria and Lombardis. We also visited a place that makes the ovens and were given tours in each shop of the different types of ovens, eg Coal, Stone or Gas.

Was very impressed as I assume was the group as everyone was happy and had a great few hours!

Any interest in or love eating pizza? Do this tour, it’s definitely worth it.... Would definitely do it again. He even looked after us Aussies, and knew about our pizza culture too!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I read about Scott's Pizza Tours on TripAdvisor. I love pizza. I love walking tours. This sounded perfect and it was. Scott lead our tour. He is among the most infectiously enthusiastic tour guides I've ever seen. His passion for pizza is amazing and he makes you LOVE pizza even more than you ever thought you would. We took the Greenwhich Village Pizza Tour, which included a stop a Neopolitian style shop, a NY style shop, and a Sicilian style shop. Each piece was better than the last and my wife and I thought it was among the most fun tours we've ever taken. Take this tour . . . you won't regret it!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

On May 10th my husband and I took Scoots pizza tour and it was amazing. Scott puts a passion to pizza that makes your passion look like a schoolgirl crush! As you embark on this journey with him you become aware of the evolution of pizza and why New York pizza is known worldwide as the best! Thank Scott!!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Even though the weather was cold and rainy, Scott made the day quite memorable with his genuine passion, knowledge, and understanding of pizza. We took the NYC Pizza Bus Tour to visit pizza places outside of Manhattan and had a wonderful day. Scott shared many insights and his enthusiasm with all of us during our stops at Lombardi's and Patsy's in Manhattan and Zero Otto Nove and Pugsley’s in the Bronx. Each place was remarkable in its history and the pizzas served at each restaurant, which were all delicious. I was surprised how different the pizzas were at each place; Scott made sure we all understood what the differences were and what caused the differences. Robert, our bus driver, made sure we saw some great sites while traveling between the restaurants in a genuine yellow school bus.

I can't say enough great things about Scott and his tour. One couple had taken the tour a few months ago, and Scott selected restaurants that the couple did not visit on the first tour. I will definitely take this tour next time I am in NYC and try out the Greenwich Village or Crosstown Pizza Walk.