“Cate DeM”

Gotham Walking Tours of New York City
Ranked #114 of 619 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Lina Viviano, the Founder of Gotham Walking Tours, conducts private tours of New York City (Manhattan and Brooklyn), with an emphasis on the extraordinary historical, cultural, architectural, ethnic, and culinary traditions that have made New York City one of the greatest and most diverse cities in the world. Experience New York City on foot. Experience New York City up close and personal with a licensed guide who has been researching New York City history for over twenty years and who has a passion for this incredible City. All tours are conducted by Lina. Walk Gotham!
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cate DeM”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Lina was an absolutely incredible tour guide! She is so knowledgable, able to answer any questions one could come up with in regard to architecture, culture, history and the city-scape in general. Lina is welcoming and friendly, a wealth of information and a pleasure to spend the afternoon with. I am excited to learn more from her as we continue to tour the city together. You will not be able to find a better experience when selecting a tour/guide.

1 Thank Cate D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NYC's best!”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Lina is extremely knowledgable about the city in it's current state as well as the in depth history. She really ties each neighborhood's uniqueness together to give you a complete understanding of NYC. She's the best!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Shay L
Long Island City, New York
“Lina opened my eyes to the city!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have been visiting and living near New York City for many years and after spending an afternoon with Lina I am as excited about the City as I was the first time I saw its' skyscrapers! Lina's tour encompasses history, architecture, interesting trivia and neighborhood characters as well as delicious stops in out of the way places I would never have found on my own. Her tour enabled me to actually see the city, not just the hustle and bustle, but its' beautiful details and hidden jewels. I'm calling friends to arrange for our next tour with Lina. Marcelle

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Incredible tour!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I'll start by saying that I am a lifelong New Yorker. I know my way around but never really knew the history. I tried my first tour with Gotham Walking Tours and it was with Lina! She is incredible! We toured around Hell's Kitchen and I learned about the deep history of the area. I had never heard of the "west side cowboys" and certainly couldn't tell you about the architecture before. It's a lot of fun to be able to answer questions on the long history of the neighborhood including the origin of its name. I am definitely going to be taking more property tours with Lina until I have covered all of Manhattan. I highly recommend them!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Way to be introduced to New York....”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Lina really know New York and she ushered us at our own pace around the City and we really got to understand the pulse of NYC. I will use Lina again and again when visiting NYC.

1 Thank Spiro Z