All reviews penn station hudson yards breakfast vouchers new york times square drink vouchers front desk staff javits center midtown manhattan pleasure of staying madison square garden the high line walk in shower ironing board couple blocks within walking distance highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved my stay! From the moment I walked in - the receptionist was so friendly and helpful. My Room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. I was in the 20th door and it was nice and peaceful. The Price was right. I got through hotels.com.. I highly recommend staying here when in manhattan

Trip type: Travelled with friends
dieterbschmitz, General Manager at Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

travelingpaddy,

Our commitment is to provide an all encompassing and genuinely personable guest experience unlike any other in hospitality today. I am thrilled this commitment resonated during your interactions with our team of passionate hoteliers. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you many times in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked the Crown Plaza HY36 on W 36th at the very last minute and hoped it would be ok. We needn’t have worried one bit! From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel the bellman on duty (Tenzin) organized the valet of our car and whisked us in to reception in the most friendly, efficient and helpful manner. We were then greeted by the most pleasant reception staff we’ve ever met in any NYC hotel (Aaliyah) with a beaming smile and lovely engaging manner she checked us in and made sure we were completely happy with a larger corner room and provided complimentary champagne and other assorted goodies to make us feel most welcome and genuinely valued guests. This brilliant service was continued throughout all of the other hotel employees we interacted with including the bar and breakfast personnel. I have stayed at many NYC hotels, some of which are very expensive and exclusive, but the standard of service at CP HY36 & the quality of this hotel and its location, would put many of its more expensive nearby competitors to shame. In short, if you’re looking for quality and value for money plus friendly staff to make your NYC stay enjoyable, look no further than the Crown Plaza HY36 to meet your expectations. Just for the record, I’m not a “plant” or a paid review writer, I’m a genuine businessman who stays frequently in NYC and I don’t write many reviews, but I felt compelled to let you all know what a little diamond I’ve found in the heart of the big Apple! Finally my wife and daughter would also like me to give a shoutout to the front office manager Nicole Crerand, as the hotel staff we interacted with are her team and she is doing a fine job of running a truly exceptional service. Nicole even took the time to email me directly just to check if everything was good during our stay and met with our approval, a really appreciated personal touch in my opinion. The only downside to this review?.....everyone will now know the secret of this little gem and I’ll probably struggle to get a room in future as it’s going to be so popular! But hey that’s the price of success I guess...a great hotel, you won’t be disappointed. JB.

Room tip: I don’t believe you’ll be disappointed with any of the rooms
2  Thank bezEccleston

bezEccleston,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for your excellent rating. I am personally elated to read your interactions with Tenzin, Aaliyah and our entire staff made your experience a memorable one, I have just shared your kind feedback with the entire team to celebrate. As a new property in a market of 500 feedback such as yours is critical to get our name out there and is incredibly appreciated. We eagerly await your return visit and thank you for your appreciated feedback!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for a work trip and really loved the hotel. The staff was really warm and friendly and made sure that I had a nice stay. The bathrooms are newly remodeled and and the gym has really nice equipment. Will definitely stay here next time I am in town for work.

mark s,

Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home while on the road for business. We know how tiresome travel can be especially when paired with robotic cookie cutter interactions and take immense pride in providing a differentiation from the cookie cutter norm. We look forward to your return visit here at our new property and thank you for your excellent rating!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Purchased two nights from Priceline. Terrific location in midtown. Walking distance to almost everywhere. Rooms are cozy, bathrooms and bed sheets are very clean. TV and stations are working well. Plenty of charging sockets in the room. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. No lines for check in and out. Elevators are secured with your room key. Nice cafe and sports bar next to the lobby at the entrance. There is a breakfast buffet in the mornings.
Why I dropped a star from my rating? It's the lobby! The hotel virtually has no lobby but a small reception area. Priceline gives the hotel 4.5 stars but with the entrance lobby it drops to 3 stars for some people.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To a person, everyone at the hotel went out of their way to be helpful and make my stay enjoyable. The sheets were luxurious and the bed comfortable plus there was a personal touch to the service. I would stay there again.

Room tip: they have quiet floors (14 & 15) .... and they quiet even by the elevator !