Fantastically location between two subway lines, which allowed exploring New York very easy. The apartment was very clean and had all the basic facilities to be comfortable for two couples. Supermarket was very accessible and the laundry facilities in basement was very handy. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Bottom line: place is conveniently located, clean, and well-furnished.
But management could do more to make it easier for guests. Below are my comments.
1. They operate a number of units that are spread around a couple of towers in the development. The 792 Columbus address, listed on TripAdvisor, is just one of the buildings. Read your emails carefully, as the building your unit is in will likely be a different one.
2. Access to the development is from 100th or 97th Street; it's not on Columbus.
3. While pots, plates, cutlery, towels, and sheets are provided, you need to bring everything else you need (hair dryer, soap, sugar, etc.)
4. This may be a quirk of the unit we got (#7P in 788 Columbus), but the A/C in the smaller bedroom would cut off in an hour or two if the bedroom door was closed. Keeping the door open solved it.
5. There are no instructions for appliances. The TV, in particular, is not easy to operate. Find the one TV remote with an Input button, and click on it a couple of times until you get the regular channels.
Again, other than the initial confusion about locating the unit, and figuring out how thins work, the place worked great for us.
This dishonest agent is the worst in the New York City real estate business. When I received the check-in instruction right before my trip, I realized the unit I was instructed to check into was not the unit I booked. I spent a good part of the afternoon the day before my trip to sort it out with Airbnb. If you don't want nasty surprises, stay away from this place.
This was a great apartment, very clean and tidy and as shown in the pictures.
The location was great, close to local shops, 2 subway stations and Central Park.
Collecting the key went smoothly.
I would definitely recommend this apartment to anyone looking to stay in New York!