The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$ 157
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 206/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 168
US$ 112
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 186/night.

US$ 255
US$ 226
US$ 169
US$ 149
US$ 278
US$ 240
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 344/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 198/night.

US$ 169
US$ 158
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 204
US$ 138
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 341
US$ 126
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 220/night.

1,320 results
All reviewsrooms are smallmurray's bagelsgreat locationrooftop deckthe high linenew yorkthe penthousethe empire state buildingqueen bedup to datehotel roomfront desk staffsubway stopstreet noisefitness centerfew blockstimes square
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Since I was going to events in both Brooklyn and on Broadway, I was looking for a reasonably priced centralized location, and this fit the bill perfectly. Walking distance to the public transportation I needed with plenty of places nearby to eat or pick up a snack, which is really all I was looking for. Even late at night, I felt pretty safe in the neighborhood (and in the hotel as well).
The hotel itself is nice, though, as many have mentioned, a bit small. Since I was traveling by myself, however, it was perfect. They have a little bar in the lobby that had two for one drink specials while I was there, which was cool, and a rooftop patio that was a nice place to unwind. The room was surprisingly quiet, and room service was great (and not intrusive). I was also able to leave my bag with them after checkout while I killed time until I had to go back to the bus station, which was nice.
I would definitely book again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Ian G, Manager at The GEM Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Hello WhinyMcGee, We appreciate your feedback and the great comments you mentioned about the hotel. We are glad to hear you had a fabulous time and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t have a bad word to say about this hotel. The location was amazing - safe, convenient and I felt more like it was a local neighbourhood than I was a tourist.
The subway could not be closer in every direction, you can walk to almost everything pretty easily too if you wanted to.

I initially had a room facing the neighbouring building which was small, dark and not very spacious. I asked if I could change to a street view room as I was there for 8 nights and it was incomparable - almost double the size, sunny, huge bathroom and desk.

The staff were great, rooms were clean and I felt like I lived there!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Hello Jen, We appreciate your feedback and the great comments you mentioned about the hotel staff. We are glad to hear you had a fabulous time and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

If you want a great home base for a NYC adventure, The GEM should be your place. Chelsea is a great neighborhood, and you’ll appreciate coming back to a quaint, quieter neighborhood with local cafes and bars, after a long day out and about. Subway a minute away. High Line, Chelsea Market all within easy walking distance. Rooms are small, clean, decent bed, bathroom fine, with newer fixtures. Roof deck has a great view of the Empire State Building. A few things need to be cleaned up/replaced - lobby couches look very worn, roof top furniture needs a fresh coat of sealer, and roof deck lights need replacing. Staff very nice. Great stay for a good price comparative to other NYC hotel prices we researched. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018

The hotel is very well located, and lobby and welcoming staff are efficient and welcoming.

The rooms are very small, and fit a single guest or couples. While there is everything you may need in a hotel room, it is all the smallest possible to be considered a room for 2.

To sum up: The price is fair, the location is great, so if you plan on staying in your room just for bare necessities - go for it. If you need a room where you can work or stay for longer periods - you may want to look at other places.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nadav k

Hello Nadav, We appreciate your feedback and the great comments you mentioned about the hotel staff. We are glad to hear you had a fabulous time and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Arriving in Chelsea is anyhow easy. The Gem hotel is in a nice building and a nice place to stay if business bring you in that neighbour for work.
They do not serve breakfast but they have some nice places around where a good one can be easily.enjoyed.
Calm and not noisy, clean and polite staff.
Only minus is the heating/aircon fan a bit noisy. Not crazy NY prices so i guess i will reuse it on my next trip there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business