“Real NY Tours exceeded my already high expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Real New York Tours
Ranked #2 of 574 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Shreveport, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real NY Tours exceeded my already high expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Taking my family to NY was one of my life's dreams. We do a lot of traveling around the world and enjoy experiencing new adventures. After reading the reviews of Real NY Tours, I phoned them directly and spoke with Luke and Amber. We discussed my desires and they both suggested a private tour for our family. We had never considered a tour with this personal structure before but we wanted to make the most of our visit to NY. Sometimes in life I make the right decision!!!! We were taken care of as if we were part of Luke's family. Shawn was assigned to us our guide and he personalized our day based on our collaboration. He met us at our rental condo and the rest was history. The hours flew by as we traversed Manhattan learning about the culture, uniqueness, and magnificance of this American city. My wife and grown children actually thanked me for setting up this tour!!! Thank you Luke, Amber, and Shawn for exceeding our expectations. Real NY Tours is a true value to those wishing to make the most of their visit to NY!!!

1 Thank Bill N
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Northville, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Experience NYC in a day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Having just moved back to the US after living five years in Europe and touring many European cities,our children were eager to see The Big Apple. Central Park, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty -- they wanted to see it all and we only had one day to do it.

We selected The Big Apple private tour and we (grandmother, mother and three children, aged 10, 12 and 13) met our guide, Heidi, and began our journey through the fabled streets of New York.

The day could not have been more perfect. Heidi managed to show us everything on our list and more. Although the day was hot, we had plenty of opportunities to take breaks, sit in the park, have a drink, eat lunch, take a ride on the subway...while Heidi filled us with captivating stories and breathtaking views, neighbourhood pizzerias, shopping in Chinatown, beginning in Central Park and ending at Battery Park.

I recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get to know New York on an intimate level. Thank you Heidi and Real New York Tours for a fantastic day!

Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I booked this tour after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We had never been to NYC before and were only going to be there a couple days and I knew we would never be able to find everything on our own. I booked the Dozen Apples tour for myself, my 18 yo son, and my husband. Our tour guide was Trey and he was awesome. Showed us so many things and told so many neat stories. I would do the tour again in a heartbeat. It was a very hot day and we did walk alot - but there were subway trips which allowed us to rest a bit, a lunchbreak, and several bathroom and water breaks. By the end of the tour we were whipped - but mainly because of the heat and the fact that aside from my son, we are not regular exercisers. But very much worth the time and money. If you are concerned about the walking - just pick one of the shorter tours. I had read about the "bus" tours and decided against them because I didn't think you would get as much info. I noticed on our trip to NYC lots of times there were long lines to get on board a bus. No bus tour could ever compare to a Real New York Tour.

2 Thank Pacesetters3
Lafayette, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cajun Country came to town and loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Tour guide Gregory did an excellent job showing us around and answering any questions and bringing the histiry of the City to life. It was raining off and on the day of our tour. We grabbed the umbrellas and did not slow down. The poor people stuck on those buses in the rain. We were on the subway, dry, in little bakeries, dry, eating a great pizza place, dry, and seeing the back streets and buildings and beautiful churches, all dry. Gregory suggested great places to eat for the remainder of our stay and the must see places for the best price and shortest lines. New York is alot to take in, but when you have someone personnal meet your needs and show you only what you want to see it is great. Enjoyed the tour, the food, and the company of Gregory. Can not wiat to go back and I will book another tour to other parts of the City.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank seth w
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent experience in emergency situation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I booked a tour a week before we came to NYC. We'd heard nothing but rave reviews about the tours and were very excited to explore the city! We met Gregory to start the tour and, unfortunately, my husband got really sick soon after this. We had to drop out.

First, Gregory was so compassionate and concerned about my husband that he left us a voicemail to check up on him later that day. (We'd only met him for 10 minutes or so!) Second, Luke was amazing and worked out our problem to our complete satisfaction. Great business and great people! We look forward to actually going on a tour next time we visit!