“The "Big Apple Tour" with a Friend”

Real New York Tours
Ranked #2 of 642 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The Original NYC Walking & Subway Tour Celebrating our 10th Year! Lets face it, New York tours are only as good as their tour guides. Real New York Tours gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of real New Yorkers. Real New York Tours explores the history, the cracks and crevices, the side streets, and culture of real New York neighborhoods. We’ll ride the New York subway, pound the pavement, and meet the people who have become the fabric of this great city. Together we will feel the electricity that drives everyday New Yorkers. This is real New York!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The owners say their goal is "to try and make people leave our tours feeling as if they had just spent the day with a friend strolling around the city." That is the exact experience that my daughters (31, 25 & 24) and I had doing "The Big Apple" tour with Fabrice in April.

Our fabulous experience with Real New York Tours started before I even booked our tour. I e-mailed to ask a few questions and was amazed at the quick response I received. The office staff is super efficient, knowledgeable and very friendly.

I liked how they asked what our interests were when we booked the tour. I of course was most interested in the history/arts and my daughters pop culture/arts. Fabrice did a brilliant job of telling stories and showing us the parts of the city that combined all of our interests. His stories and facts were so interesting, he even had my daughters appreciating history by the time the tour was over! Our tour was a personal, intimate experience that really helped us to see and understand the city as the residents that live there do. I would not ever hesitate to recommend this tour company (or our guide Fabrice) and I would even book the exact same tour again next time I am in NYC. Thank you for such an informative, enjoyable experience!!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

If like my family, it's your first time in NYC then this is a must do. We had a great tour guide in Jimmy Napoli who kept us informed and entertained for the entire day. We visited uptown, downtown, east side, west side, central park and everything in-between. We learned about Hamilton,Washington,Lennon,Ramones,Hendrix,Gangsters,Entertainers,Writers and Lovers. There was a personal touch to this tour that a big tour bus full of tourists just can't compete with.
The tour was that good that our teenagers were kept entertained and did not whinge!

2  Thank zzramone
Reviewed 1 June 2012

First time to NYC and took my two boys 22 and 23 years old and we all loved it! Trey did an excellent job showing us around the city with just the right amount of history and tidbits to give us a deep understanding on how NYC got it start and has envolved over the years. (Made this country girl fall in love with the big city.) Trey also gave us his number so we could call him if we needed any advice while we were in NYC.

Can't say enough about Real New York Tours unlike another tour we took on a double decker bus at night. Our tour guide was a joke! We laughed at all the stupid stuff he would say. I am so glad we booked with RNY tours otherwise we wouldn't of been able to see the city the way they present it. I looking forward to go back and I will book a tour with them again.

2  Thank S P
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Wow - first of all, I am not one to usually write these kinds of reviews - good or bad. But after spending Sunday of Memorial Day weekend with Gregory throughout NYC I felt compelled. The city along with its ambassador (Gregory) made us see and experience a city that I would not have ever begun to understand without our day long tour. From the history, to the unique, from neighborhood to neighborhood, from great eats, to getting our exercise - over 10 miles walking...... I truly feel like we now have at least a bit of an appreciation for this city.

And it’s the wealth of knowledge someone like Gregory shares, and to think he can spout the depth and quantity of all types of info - not to mention being able to answer any one off question we had for him - it was truly amazing. And in the end, believe I've seen this from other reviews for this company - we truly feel like we made a friend, not just had a hired guide for the day.

Cannot wait to bring my family of teenagers back to experience the same.

2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We had Trey as our tour guide on Saturday of Fleet Week. His knowledge of the city was excellent. I am a history buff and get bored with the usual pitch on most tours. Not this one! we covered the major neighborhoods and discovered the architecture and history of each. This was our 1st time to the city and gave us insight on where to visit for the duration of our trip. It was worth every penny. We took the Dozen Apples tour.

2  Thank Ryan C