“Quick stay in NYC at a nice hotel”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #80 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, MD
“Quick stay in NYC at a nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were just in NYC for one night celebrating a friends birthday. This hotel was recommended to us. Its in Hells Kitchen so its slightly off the beaten path which I like. Its not a touristy, crowded area. Yet its still only a 7 minute drive (no traffic) from Penn Station. The lobby was lovely, they are extremely dog friendly (I saw many cute dogs in the lobby!), and the staff was friendly. The rate we got was one of the best i've seen in NYC. Perhaps its because this hotel is in Hells Kitchen? I'm not sure. We paid $215 for a Saturday night at the end of Feb. We got an upgraded room that was a perfect size with a king size bed, a lovely view of the city, and a spacious bathroom.

The BEST BEST BEST part was that from 5pm-6pm off of the lobby they have a free wine happy hour!!! Are you kidding me! In Manhattan of all places to get free wine? I was floored. The wine was delicious and it started off our evening perfectly! I've heard that most of the Kimpton properties do the wine happy hour. What a lovely surprise.

I would most definitely stay at this hotel again while visiting NYC in the future!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Hi ecg24!

Thanks for your posting! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at INK48. We pride ourselves on being a pet-friendly hotel, and it sounds like it enriched your experience all the more! Our complimentary wine reception is a popular element to the guest stay, and if you can imagine, we do it EVERY DAY! Please feel free to reach out to me when your travels bring you back to Ink48!

Olimpia.Mordan@ink48.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

the hotel was super nice, fun, hip, good vibe, really nice staff....Lead concierge was very helpful. Our room was small, shower was small, no tub, SO i recommend asking for room with a tub/large shower. Hudson River Suite was recommended. Lounge on top floor is super fun and great city views, very romantic. Dinner downstairs was also SO yummy and service and ambiance was perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room with tub
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Jenny W!

Thanks for your glowing remarks! I am glad you and Jeffrey, our Lead Concierge, connected during your stay. You are right, the Hudson River Suites are magnificent, and are delightfully spacious with first-rate views of the Hudson River. Press Lounge offers great cocktails and unparalleled views of NYC!

Please let me know when you are going to return to Ink48!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This was my first stay at a Kimpton hotel in New York. I stayed for one night and thought my accommodations (king bed on the 15th floor) were fabulous. I had an outstanding view of the city with great noise insulation and high ceiling,s mood lighting and a shower that could have fit four people easily. The hotel even provided me with a bottle of wine and two wine glasses as I told them, when I booked my reservation, that I was treating myself to a night in New York and the hotel was a treat to myself. With wonderful, caring staff, you can't go wrong. The only con is that it is not conveniently located to a subway stop. You have to walk a bit, but on a nice day, I'm sure it's not bad! Two words: STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Room 1506!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Hi Noel N!

This was a fantastic reiview of your fantastic experience! Thanks a ton! I am thrilled to see that you loved your room, enjoyed our staff, and got a goodie to round everything off! Your words mean the world to us, and please let me know when you are going be coming back to Ink48!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This great hotel reinforced my already high opinion of the Kimpton chain.
From the customer service, to the location (perfect for what I was in New York for), and, finally, to the room itself, everything was top-tier.
Loyal Kimpton InTouch member here; they're fantastic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Jean-Paul B!

Your fantastic posting made my day! The staff of Ink49 appreciates your recognition of our desire to make every stay luxuriating, and it seems we hit our mark! Please be sure to let me know next time your travel brings you to Ink48!

Olimpia.Mordan@Ink48.com
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is a great hotel all the way around. I have stayed at both Ink48 and Kimpton's other new property, Eventi, and found both to be amazing properties, but The rooftop bar and larger rooms at Ink48 win me over. This is an ideal hotel for other New Yorkers like myself, who are currently living away but like to come back home and visit. It's private, away from all the tourists and in one of the coolest neighborhoods in the city. I thought the staff was very nice, but respected your privacy while being attentive to your needs, everything is high-end but not stuffy and the bathrooms are amazing, with a shower and a garden tub, double sinks and ultra comfortable beds. I can't say enough good things.

• Stayed August 2011
Hi JoshC87!

Thanks for your fabulous response to your visit to Ink48! I think that you really hit the nail on the head with what our hotel has to offer - great staff, great roome, and a great spot in NYC. We are not in the middle of the hysteria that can sometimes ecompass NYC, but still allows our guests to be close tot he action.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Ink48!

Gracia!