“Wonderful hotel - part of the awesome Kimpton chain”

Kimpton Ink48 Hotel
Ranked #70 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful hotel - part of the awesome Kimpton chain”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This great hotel reinforced my already high opinion of the Kimpton chain.
From the customer service, to the location (perfect for what I was in New York for), and, finally, to the room itself, everything was top-tier.
Loyal Kimpton InTouch member here; they're fantastic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Hi Jean-Paul B!

Your fantastic posting made my day! The staff of Ink49 appreciates your recognition of our desire to make every stay luxuriating, and it seems we hit our mark! Please be sure to let me know next time your travel brings you to Ink48!

Olimpia.Mordan@Ink48.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Polish first
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is a great hotel all the way around. I have stayed at both Ink48 and Kimpton's other new property, Eventi, and found both to be amazing properties, but The rooftop bar and larger rooms at Ink48 win me over. This is an ideal hotel for other New Yorkers like myself, who are currently living away but like to come back home and visit. It's private, away from all the tourists and in one of the coolest neighborhoods in the city. I thought the staff was very nice, but respected your privacy while being attentive to your needs, everything is high-end but not stuffy and the bathrooms are amazing, with a shower and a garden tub, double sinks and ultra comfortable beds. I can't say enough good things.

• Stayed August 2011
Hi JoshC87!

Thanks for your fabulous response to your visit to Ink48! I think that you really hit the nail on the head with what our hotel has to offer - great staff, great roome, and a great spot in NYC. We are not in the middle of the hysteria that can sometimes ecompass NYC, but still allows our guests to be close tot he action.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Ink48!

Gracia!
Olimpia.Mordan@ink48.com
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently spent three nights at the Ink48 in a City View King room on the 14th floor. (At check in, I also received a nominal credit for the mini-bar and a discount on a massage treatment.) The room was impressive: spacious, spotless, well decorated, and best of all, thoughtfully designed (especially the light and privacy controls). The bathroom was spacious -- I wish I had made the time to use the Jacuzzi. Three friends stopped by and were impressed. I dined twice at Print (once for dinner with friends and once alone for Sunday brunch). While expensive, I do prefer farm to table restaurants. (If you are looking to save money, I recommend you search for restaurants on 9th Avenue like Pam's Thai, etc.) After dinner, three of us comfortably watched a little "Linsanity" before heading out for the night. While the hotel is far west, it's not difficult to get where you need to go. Though the gym room is rather small, I did fit in a worthwhile one hour workout. The rooftop bar is worth having a look as the views are amazing -- especially in the summer. I would return for a stay at Ink48.

PS - I recommended Print to a friend for a bachelor party dinner (which I attended) as well as a company sponsored dinner and both groups raved about Print!

Room Tip: I really was impressed by the City View Room on the 14th floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Ashyford,

I'm so happy you were impressed by the experience you had here at Ink48. We thank you for recommending "Print" to your friends, as a great place to host a dining party. Hope to see you back again soon!

Best Regards,

Olivia
Phoenix
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at the Ink48 in NYC and we are so glad we choose this hotel. It had been several years since our last trip to NYC and we were very picky about our current accommodation choice. I did a not of research and comparison shopping as we wanted an upscale modern hotel with decent square footage (including a nice large bathroom), a good location and a stellar view. This combination can be difficult to find in NYC without paying a ridiculous amount of money. Many NYC hotel rooms are very, very small - the last time we were in town our room was so tiny it was down right claustrophobic. We found everything we wanted at Ink48. We booked a City View King room. It was spacious and spotless. Our view of the Manhattan skyline from the 15th floor was amazing day and night. The décor is “Kimpton Cool” and the service was spot-on during our entire stay. The bed was dreamy and the linens and towels were great. We had dinner and drinks at PRINT, the on-site restaurant; we enjoyed the food and service although it is a bit pricy. Our waiter looked like Prince. The rooftop bar is worth having a look as the views are amazing. Again, drinks are pricey at $15+ each. Regarding the location of Ink48; it’s about a 15 minute walk (1/2 mile) straight down 48th or 47th to the heart of Times Square. We never felt unsafe day or night. We stopped in for yummy by-the-slice pizza right around the corner at Hell’s Kitchen Pizza. There are also little grocers, drug and liquor stores within short walks. Cab fare to/from LaGuardia is approximately $40. We had a great experience at Ink48 and would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have best view of the Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TraceyPhoenix
Olimpia M, Manager at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
HI TraceyPheonix!

Thanks for posting such a glowing review of your time at Ink48! I am so happy to have made you trip to NYC even more memorable! I think that our beds are super inviting as well, like white clouds wrapped in Frette linens! Our proximity to Times Square is definitely an asset as well, offering guests the opportunity to be close to the action, but above the fray. Be sure to let me know next time you are coming to Ink48!

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Having stayed at some Kimpton Hotels we know that they normally do better!!!

We stayed for 8 nights at the Ink48.
Already at the check in, the staff showed that it was not interested in provinding a good and friendly service at all !!! Normally we like the hotel to make our restaurant reseverations... but when they were not able to give us simple advice on what restaurant we should try in the neighborhood, we took care of the reservations!
But the worse was the doorman... he was always standing outside, chatting with people...not doing his job!!! He opened the door ONCE (yes, only once) the entire time we stayed there!!! (that guy does not deserve his paycheck!!!)

The rooms are big (for NY standart)... clean... and actually really nice!!! They have a wonderful view !!!

If you don't mind poor service... the Ink48 is not that bad... But we were totally disappointed !!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PolaGN
Hi PolaGN,

I appreciate your posting your experience with us at Ink48. As you can imagine, we would like for every experience to be a positive one, and it seems that we missed the mark with your visit. If you would, please reach out to me, so that I can make sure your next visit to Ink48 is a fantastic one!