We chose this hotel for 2 reasons:
1) it was the only one which offered included breakfast in the price, and
2) it had the least negative comments on tripadvisor... And there is a reason for that!
Let me start first with its location: it is located in midtown yes, but it's not full of tourists (we were tourists ourselves, but we didn't want anything "touristic"). Madison avenue is a very classy avenue, very quiet, but yet only a minute away from 5th avenue and all the fuss! Plus it has an incredible view of the Empire state building, which is really really close to the hotel.
Now, the hotel itself is excellent. Very elegant, with an artistic touch, it gives you the idea that every single detail is well taken care of. The room was absolutely perfect! What striked me the most was the sofa near the window.. So NYC!! And of course the bed........ It was one of the MOST comfortable beds I've ever slept in! And the pillows? Paradise!
Plus, the staff is really polite and smart: I had mentioned that by the time of the arrival we would be newlly weds and they moved us to a bigger room and offered us some champaign for free!
Other than that, a nice lady cleaned our room every day and we had clean towels every single day (we stayed there 7 nights).
The amenities in the bathroom were from the label Malin&Goetz which are fantastic!!
The breakfast was rich: there were bagels, croissants, different kind of pastries, coffee and tea.
And the staff in general was really polite: they would greet us with a smile, open the door for us and ready to assist us.
I am already missing it... If you stay in New York, you should definitely stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment it opened its doors on Madison Avenue in New York City, Morgans startled the world with a convention-shattering attitude and distinctive design sensibility, concocted by legendary designer Andree Putman. Again in 2008, Morgans unveiled Andree Putman's powerful reinterpretation of the first "boutique hotel" that propels Morgans' spirit forward without changing its unique character. Other features include a state of the art fitness center. Conveniently located in midtown Manhattan, Morgans is just steps to Grand Central Station, Macy's Herald Square, and The Morgan Library Museum. Morgans offers complimentary Continental breakfast and wireless internet access to every hotel guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Morgans New York Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgans Hotel New York City
- Morgans New York City