6,301 results
All reviewsrick's cafewine and cheesetimes squarenew yorkmini suiteevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelshard boiled eggssmall hotellounge areaperfect locationwonderful hotelhome away from homebig applethe theater districtstreet noise
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Rooms were small but cosy - there is everything you need and more. The staff was friendly and always ready to help you in any possible way. Wine and cheese in the afternoon - what a lovely way to relax and then continue exploring that wonderful city!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank TiinaKeuruu
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights. She turned 16 whilst we were there and we received a complimentary bottle of bubbly (apple cider) of which I now realised I forgot to say thank you for - so thank you very much! The staff were lovely and the breakfast and wine/cheese was a wonderful welcome well received after a long day sight seeing.
My only problem was with the noise from the street as the road was being resurfaced between 1am and 4am and I'm a terribly light sleeper. The staff offered us a new room but couldn't match our suite, so we declined. I'm sure we were just unlucky...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Leanne M
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Invariably cheerful and helpful staff. The continuous light buffet in the lounge was a haven in the excited atmosphere of central midtown and much used and enjoyed by us. It is very easy to return to the hotel with the nearest subway only 50 metres away. Good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Iwantittoimprove
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This may not be a typical five-star hotel, because its charm is less about luxury and more about location and service. My husband and I stayed five nights. We had a small but quiet room, with a normal to generous size bathroom, given the challenge of real estate. We stayed on the sixth floor, with an interior room, and did not hear noise from Times Square. The only noise we ever heard was from other guests heading to their rooms, and that was uncommon. We slept very, very well. We were just steps away from so many wonderful New York restaurants, broadway shows, and the subway. The service is second to none. All the staff were extremely attentive. Breakfast was more generous than a typical continental breakfast, with a variety of cereals, hard boiled eggs, pastries, juices, coffee, yogurts, and very fresh fruit. I enjoyed fresh fruit with yogurt each morning, my personal preference. The evening wine hour is also more than wine and cheese, with generous snacks. The second floor salon area for the breakfasts and evening wine is cozy and charming. The decor is not modern, rather old world charm. Our room was clean, comfortable, small, and nice. I look forward to staying here again. If you prefer modern decor with luxury, this may not be your hotel. For us, however, this felt much more like a welcoming and comfortable hide-away in the midst of Times Square. We also enjoyed the great italian restaurant right next door.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor, interior room, for quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We loved staying here; it was our second visit - the first visit was 15 years ago, and it more than matched our memories of it as being friendly, nice touches with the lounge and all its offerings (see comments by others), good service and fantastic location. We had a king-size room (which was a bit bigger but still on the small side) and prepaid for 3 nights, 3 months earlier so the room rate was good. In NYC you spend most of your time out exploring, and just want to come back somewhere welcoming and cozy - it takes just 2 minutes to get from the foyer to the room - so much better than long corridors. We would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors mean that you are further away from street noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple