“Fantastic! Definitely the place to stay in the Times Square area.”

Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Set just off Times Square, this hotel is a really special place. The Casablanca is quiet, clean and extremely friendly.
The complementary hot drinks, fruit, pastries and biscuits all day were very welcome and the cheese and wine reception on an evening was a lovely touch. The continental breakfast (included) was also very good. The hotel was a safe haven with a homely feel, great to come back to after a day out in the hustle and bustle of New York in full swing for Holiday season. The staff were always welcoming with a warm smile and nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was very comfortable with nice touches such as a coffee maker, a fridge and a selection of pillows. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job keeping the rooms and communal areas very clean and tidy. There was also a turndown service on a night.
The hotel has a boutique feel and I'm sure you receive a more personal service than the mass market big name hotels strewn around the area. We could not fault anything about our stay and would not hesitate to recommend The Casablanca to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank hannahbink

Reviewed 13 December 2012

What a gem! Fantastic stay from the moment I arrived to my departure. The special deal I got directly through the hotel was too good to be true BUT it was true. As others have written, the Casablanca is well worth a visit. Extremely central to Times Square and within easy reach of all major venues. The availability of food throught the day was excellent. The 5-8pm wine and snacks, at Rick's, made it a great venue to catch up with fellow travellers. Room (facing 43rd Street) was clean, comfortable and relatively noise free being in such a busy area. I would definitely recommened it to anyone going to New York. Thank you to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Isa043
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My partner and I booked the Casablanca hotel based on its number 1 rating and reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed!!

There are so many good things to be said about this hotel there's no way you can fit it all into one review but I'll give it ago :-)

Rooms

The rooms were perfect. They were spotlessly clean and cosy. Even though the temperature outside was zero degrees the rooms were always lovely and toasty warm. We had a room facing the street and I am a very light sleeper so we took some ear plugs just incase there was a great deal of noise. We were so tired from all the sight seeing we really needn't have bothered.

Ricks Cafe

Comfy area with a good continental breakfast selection and fresh tea and coffee. We would come in here when we needed a sit down after a busy day and would always be made welcome.

Location

If you are doing the tourist thing or dinner and a show or as we did thanksgiving, you cannot beat the location of this hotel. It is literally 30 meters from Times Square and yet really is a haven of peace and tranquility. You can't beat it!

Where to start?! Every member of staff we met at the Casablanca were fantastic! What a great team they have. Special mention needs to be made to Ray on the front desk. During our stay my partner proposed. It was an absolutely magical day and it couldn't have happened without all of his help. Ray and my fiancé (yes I'm loving writing it) had been in cahoots for months before we arrived arranging everything from the setting of the room, the delivery if the ring, and a wonderful dinner cruise in the evening. It was a pleasure to meet Ray in person and thank him for all his help. A real asset to the hotel!

All in all a fantastic hotel and it well and truly deserves its status as the number 1 hotel in New York.

We hope to return one day and in the meantime we will certainly be recommending you to all our family, friends and pretty much anyone who stands still for long enough for me to tell them about our trip!

Thanks Casablanca for making our trip extra special!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank StephWhit
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Can't praise the Casablanca enough. Great location 30m from Times Square and the subway so that you can get anywhere else in NYC easily (the E-train connection from the JFK sky-train stops 200m away so simple to get to & from the airport in 40 minutes) but also a peaceful haven away from the hustle of New York. We were upgraded to a king size bed and, quite frankly, my wife and I have never slept so far apart and been in the same room! It may be small by US standards but it is huge to European eyes. The complimentary coffee and fruit available all day in the lounge (Rick's café) and the nightly cheese and wine (17:00-20:00) are great ideas; meaning you can always pop back to recharge your batteries before heading out once more into the throng or off to an evening show. Friday nights feature a pianist as well. The complimentary continental breakfast with fresh fruit salad is more than enough to set you up for the day.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NigelRobinsonStAsaph
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful seven night stay at the Casablanca.We first stayed at this gem of an hotel two years ago and could not wait to return.Everything was perfect from the check-in and the bottle of wine in our room as I was celebrating my birthday during my stay to every member of staff.Location is everything and you will not find a better one,just a few steps from the centre of Times Sq.It is very easy to read the reviews of the Casablanca and think no hotel could be this good,trust me it is.I have stayed in hotels all over the world and the Casablanca beats them all.But you do not have to believe me,just give it a try yourself.A big thanks to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple