It has been well over two years since my last review. I have been to NYC multiple times with family and have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Central Park and Battery Park, The Viceroy, The Sofitel, The Surrey, The Waldorf but have had mixed experiences with each. I have been in search of the best five star hotel with service that matches up to its ranking and so far, I must say, it's the Peninsula NYC here in NY. What I loved:
1) Five star service with no evidence of pretentiousness. I HATE staying at hotels where the staff treat people differently because they are in an "upscale" hotel. Thank you to the staff for being kind to everyone. That goes a LONG way.
2) Convenient location: on corner of 55th and 5th Avenue. Super easy to walk up and down and shop without having to take transportation to other areas.
3) ESPA spa. Yes, it's expensive but I love the ESPA brand as the service is generally impeccable. I didn't take advantage this time but at least I know the option is there for next time.
4) Rooms: we received an upgrade to a deluxe King. The rooms were well equipped and beds were CRAZY COMFORTABLE! Bathrooms were huge and for NYC, that's hard to find. The ONLY negative I would suggest to the hotel is to equip each room with an expresso machine. We were told that it would be a$50 additional charge to have the machine with ten capsules in our room. Please note to the management that in all other luxury hotels, this should be a part of the service you pay for in a five star accommodation - NOT an additional charge. This should definitely be changed.
Other than the expresso machine, we loved our stay. Shout out to Christian at the front desk who was kind and sweet when we got to the hotel after a long day of travel. Overall, exceptional and I will likely be back end of the year to stay here during the holidays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its world-renowned service and attention to detail, The Peninsula New York is the prestigious recipient of the Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Awards. This magnificently restored 23-story, 1905 landmark building is ideally located, just steps away from world-class shopping, museums and the magic of Broadway. ACCOMMODATION: Each of the 185 spacious guestrooms and 54 suites at The Peninsula New York meet The Peninsula Hotels standards for luxury, guest comfort and technology. Rooms are designed for maximum comfort, with a good night's rest virtually guaranteed. Each room exudes a sense of tranquility and modernity with crisp bed linens, luxurious goose down duvets, flat screen televisions, marble bathrooms with special mood lighting and signature Peninsula bathtub televisions. For the ultimate convenience, bedside electronic control panels regulate temperature, lighting and entertainment systems. WELLNESS: The Peninsula Spa is a rooftop oasis providing an ideal retreat from the demands of the city. This sanctuary of seclusion and peace offers relaxing body treatments and sublime skin care in an environment of sheer aesthetic bliss. The Spa features a luxurious range of heat experiences including a steam room, sauna, ice fountain and "experience" shower, men's and women's private relaxation lounges and an Asian Tea Lounge. The Private Spa Suite is the ultimate personal spa experience for couples, friends or family wishing to retreat in total privacy. A glass-enclosed pool, wraparound outdoor sun terrace and cutting edge fitness center with daily group fitness classes completes the wellness experience. DINING: The Peninsula New York's dining venues combine the comfort of tradition with modern elegance for guests to experience sophisticated dining at any time of the day. The signature restaurant Clement presents an energetic approach to regionally-sourced cuisine for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Bar at Clement offers thoughtful cocktails, wines by the glass and a light menu. After a day of exploring the vibrant heart of the city, the timeless Gotham Lounge is a welcome setting to rejuvenate over Afternoon Tea, or for an unforgettable end to a New York City day, toast from the spectacular rooftop bar and terrace, Salon de Ning, while gazing over panoramic views of the shimmering Manhattan skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peninsula New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula New York Hotel New York City
- Peninsula New York City
- New York City Peninsula
- Peninsula Hotel New York