US$ 148
  • Breakfast included
US$ 176
US$ 161
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 169
US$ 112
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

US$ 254
US$ 226
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 226
US$ 138
  • Restaurant
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$ 126
US$ 102
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 191/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
US$ 133
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 202/night.

US$ 278
US$ 240
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 340/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 340
US$ 126
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 166/night.

US$ 624
US$ 446
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 625/night.

1,229 results
All reviewsrooftop barsalon de ninggrand luxe roomfifth avenueoscar de la rentacentral parknew yorkfour seasonsindoor poolluxury hotelroom serviceseparate showerst regissuperior roomconcierge deskturn down servicean upgrade
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I just returned from a three day visit to NYC. To be honest, I was so nervous because of all of the horror stories I read that reference bed bugs (or other bugs), cramped bathrooms etc... in many of the other hotels in NYC. I did a lot of research (months) prior to selecting the Peninsula. I found a number of other Forbes 5 start (and 4 star) properties with bedbug reports but thankfully not the Peninsula! I can be a bit obsessive. We stayed in a Grand Luxe room and enjoyed a nice, open (unrestricted), view. I am not a "city girl" (went for my husband's birthday) but surprisingly enjoyed the sunrise and sunset view from our room. The only issue we had was with the food. Sorry Peninsula - we just didn't enjoy it (food was bland/tasteless). We were exhausted the first night so we ordered room service; however, we then ate all other meals outside of the hotel. Its hard for me to pay for something or enjoy something that I feel that I prepare much better or improve upon at home. However, I've experienced this with a lot (but not all) of hotels. All and all I can't wait to return but will just skip the room service next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
ThePeninsulaNY, General Manager at The Peninsula New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Mela A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. While I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, particularly the great Fifth Avenue views from our Grand Luxe Rooms, I am disappointed to learn that our in-room dining menu did not live up to your expectations. The food quality you experienced is not acceptable and I would personally welcome the opportunity to discuss the details further with you. I invite you to contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Peninsula New York.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We booked an extended long weekend through Expedia which included a 3-night stay at The Peninsula on Fifth. It felt like an older hotel with the grand centre entrance and the dark wood, but the rooms were thoroughly modern. The location of this hotel is great - close enough to all the action but in a tony part of town. Best of al the service - rooms were always clean, we wanted for nothing. Frederick at the concierge desk made some great recommendations for dinner/entertainment. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mishamee,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Peninsula New York. I am delighted to hear that Frederick, our Chef Concierge, exceeded your expectations. He is truly a positive and exemplary reflection of our hotel. I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to New York soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We have stayed at the Peninsula since selling our home in NYC. It is a great hotel. We spent a night there last week on a quick trip to NYC and the experience keeps getting better. Reception is friendly and professional and you are made to feel welcomed - not the routine mindless chit chat at other hotels. The rooms are superb especially the suites with two views of Fifth Avenue. This is an pre-war building and there is neither any sound from other rooms nor traffic. Our room was not ready upon arrival so our bags were checked and then placed in our suite prior to our return. There was no churning for tips. With the availability of restaurants in NYC; our only food experience is breakfast and it is first rate. Housekeeping is perfect with the suite sparkling upon arrival. You never see a housekeeper and I do not know how they do it. Valet parking is outstanding and your car is there when you need it. This a a very secure hotel and perfect for my wife's shopping trips to NYC - it is important to have that peace of mind. Similar to the flagship in Hong Kong; you could not ask for any more from a hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bankruptcy

Dear Bankruptcy,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm delighted that your NYC getaway was an enjoyable one and that members of our staff played such an instrumental role in your stay. We pride ourselves in the standard of service and accommodations our guests have come to expect from all Peninsula Hotels.

Thank you again for such a thoughtful review. We hope to welcome you back again very soon for another shopping trip!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I spent five nights last October at the Peninsula New York City. On prior visits to NY I've had the good fortune to have stayed at The Pierre, the Ritz Carlton and the Four Seasons. Other then the location at 5th and 55th there is nothing special about this property. The public spaces as well as the rooms need to be overhauled and brought into the 21st century. The furniture in my room was nicked and scratched and the wall safe was so difficult to access that it made using it a hazard. For what this hotel charges per night, and the reputation that it has in Asia as a premier luxury property I expected more.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank MelBNolan

Dear Mr Nolan,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Peninsula New York. We appreciate your comments regarding the general condition and details of your room as it is always helpful for us to improve the quality of our product provided to our guests. I would personally welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further with you, and invite you to contact me directly at jcrook@peninsula.com.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

One of the better hotels in NYC. Excellent room quality (modern, facilities...etc), very professional and accommodative staff, great location (right on 5th Ave), spacious rooms, and good food/room service.

Would definitely recommend it...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Alain and Dania G,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us in the heart of Midtown as well as our amenities and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for a return visit!