“Motown Musical”

Motown The Musical on Broadway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, and so many more.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This show was awesome and the music was phenomenal! It was very engaging and moved you to sing and dance throughout the performance. It was amazing to learn how much the pains of life and the political events inspired the creation and writings of music that became great hits. I loved this show. I would go see it again if comes back.

1  Thank X6779HBangelab

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Smokey, Diana highlight a stellar cast. Lively dancing and music that has you dancing in your seats. A must see.

1  Thank samjs2016
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Saw the traveling show in Spokane. Musical performances were outstanding. But I grew very, very weary of all the Caucasian bashing throughout the show. Yeah, we get it. White people in power were jerks back then. But I'm confident they were also jerks to other white musical artists, as well. A retrospect on one of the great eras of pop music was spoiled by a message we are all too familiar with, and being force fed a history lesson is not something I want in a Broadway musical...

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The music was good but not enough. To much dialogue. I though a group from Black lives matter would be in the last scene as well as Kapernick.

1  Thank Funguy1964