“Convenient location in Chelsea”

Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West
Ranked #272 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Arlington, Virginia
“Convenient location in Chelsea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Overall, no complaints. Got a great rate for a weekend trip. Can't beat the location when you just needed a place to sleep. Our room faced the back of the hotel so it was nice a quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vmsc
Wyndham-Chelsea, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are especially happy that our back facing rooms were quiet enough for you to get a good night's rest. We look forward to your future stays with us!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Hotel was booked by my employers agency and never having stayed there before I didn't know what to expect. But was very pleased.
My stay was only one night, I check in early in the evening after working in midtown all day and checked out pre-dawn the next morning to catch a flight.
The room, as noted in most of the responses, was very small but comfortable and adaquate for my needs, The bathroom, I though, was very well done for a small hotel, modern and well appointed.
I especially appreicated that the front desk asked if I prefered my room at the front or back of the hotel away from potential street noise. I felt he genuinely was intersted in helping make my stay a positive one.
Most of my work in NY is in the midtown/ "Rock" center area. so the hotel was a bit far from where I am accustomed to staying. Other than that I like it'slocation in Chelsea.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Douglas P
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations. I have shared your kind comments with our front office staff and are glad our attentiveness made a difference. We are walking distance to two subway lines which can easily transport you to the midtown - Rockefellar Center area where you work. We would love to welcome you back in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here about 3 times. Very nice people, rooms and service. The rooms are smallish (NYC like) but nicely furnished. Close to the center of town. Quiet neighborhood. Try to book there when they have specials.

Room Tip: All seem to be nice. Our rooms faced south and the view was OK.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyndham-Chelsea, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and are delighted you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

My wife and I stayed there for a 3-night visit to NYC in April 2012. After checking a number of on-line and personal suggestions we chose the Wyndham - it turned out to be a very nice hotel in a superb location. The staff were all helpful, friendly and courteous. The room (14th floor) was typically small, but well-appointed and clean. Several special requests we had to make during the course of our stay were handled well and promptly. We will certainly stay there on future visits, and recommend it to friends and relatives.

Room Tip: No swimming pool , and we didn't call for any room service
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank roy m
Wyndham-Chelsea, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We very much appreciate the fact that you chose to stay with us after exploring other hotel options in New York City. We take pride in our friendly and accommodating staff. We try our very best to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of during their stay and we are very pleased to receive your feedback. We look forward to your return visit and would love to welcome your friends and family as well.
Brewster, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I could go on and in with the negatives but will focus on the most important. The rooms are cramped even by NYC standards with furnishings thrown together like a dorm room. The bathrooms are dirty with poor water pressure in the showers an small threadbare towels. My wide and I stayed in April 2012 with the intention of staying two nights but checked out to stay at a different hotel after one dismal night in this place. It is also not really in Chelsea - that seems to be a marketing ploy. There is no lobby to speak of and no positive ambience at all. We stayed at a much nicer hotel (the Strand) in midtown for only $30 more per night. If you care at all about staying in a welcoming, clean room that you are happy to come back to after a day in Manhattan then avoid this dump. Don't let the Wyndham name fool you - any Hampton Inn I have stayed at is nicer than this hotel. My wife and I travel regularly and agreed this was the WORST hotel experience we have had.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank jnc55
We appreciate your constructive feedback following your stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. We regret to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. In addition, we must apologize that you experienced difficulty with the sizes of our facilities. Our standard rooms are approximately 230 square feet which is similar to most hotels with our rating in New York City. We do offer upgraded rooms based upon availability. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope you will give us a second opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly at 212-243-0800 so that I may ensure your satisfaction during your next stay.