All reviewsavocado toastgreat location in sohonew yorkto order room servicesoho hotelcanal ststylish hotelholiday innthe general managerlower east sidehotel barhome away from homereception deskeast villagerooms are smalllounge areaamazing hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

11 Howard is a great hotel in a fantastic location. Staff is gracious and accommodating. Brian E. was particularly helpful with keen insight into the neighborhood, from gallery exhibits to the best coffee.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Katherine W, Manager at 11 Howard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi there, RyanWalkerNJ -

Thank you for this great review, I will be sure to pass along the compliments to Brian! We look forward to your next visit to 11 Howard.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My philosophy on reviewing is simple: If i had a great experience at an establishment, I leave a positive review to encourage people to go experience what I experienced. If it was BAD, i don't write a review simply because it will be unfair to negate the efforts of the business owners who set up establishments to take care of their family and employees.

BUT in this case, i make an exception and I will give a candid review to bring to light the disrespectful, unprofessional, and pathetic concrete and glass disaster that is 11 Howard, and I will focus on Joseph (-)- The Check-in Receptionist that i had the displeasure of meeting and the Night manager who facilitated Joseph's dishonest and rude behaviour.

I arrived New York late at 11:50pm after a 16hour Non Stop flight. Made my way to 11 Howard and the rest has to be the worst 1 hour i ever spent checking into a hotel, and yes, it took 1 hour despite the fact i was the only person checking-in at 12:20AM.

Joseph (-) treated me with extreme apathy and disrespect. Expressing all of it in this review only brings back the experience which i wish to forget. He showed no concern for the fact that i was exhausted, struggling to carry my suitcase- My right hand is broken and in a cast, or even offered to help sort out issues with my card to secure the incidentals because the hotel processed credit cards that don't use Chips which is strange because technology has migrated to cards with chips. So note: if your card has no chip, 11 Howard Hotel's obsolete system cannot process your card. It is too advanced for them.

After the fiasco, i made it to the room and the climate control wasn't functioning, and there were 2 double beds. So i went back down and informed the receptionist; his name is Joseph (-) and his response was and I quote "Hotwire booked you this room so that's what we have. As for the Climate Control, i'll send engineering so go back to your room". Then he pulled his laptop closer to his face as he sat on his desk and never looked up to my face as i stood there in disbelief.

That was the last straw. So i called Hotwire and expressed my displeasure. The lady from hotwire was very helpful, and she called the hotel to complain on my behalf. After 5 min, she called me back, and told me that Joseph (-) informed her that I, the guest, declined a room with a single bed, and preferred a room with a double bed. He also said the room with a single bed was on a lower floor and that's why I declined the single bed. The audacity of such a blatant LIE is beyond despicable.

There and then, I realised that the bad service, the rudeness, the disrespect, and the LIES from Joe (-) directed at me was all on purpose. I couldn't believe it. i was later moved from my room on the 4th floor to the alleged single room on the lower floor and to my surprise, the alleged single room was just next to my previous room on the same 4th floor! NOT on a lower floor. All in All from check-in to calling hotwire to getting the right room to dealing with Joe [--] lies and disrespect took an Hour. To say I'm disappointed is a vast understatement.

WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE and this coming from myself who has lived on 5 Continents, speaks 4 languages, educated in 3 Countries, is a level 2 reviewer and always has 1 positive thing to say EXCEPT IN THIS SITUATION must mean a lot. Such a shame that Joseph (-) official title is "Creator of Guest Experiences". Utterly Shameful.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Chukwud1_N
Katherine W, Manager at 11 Howard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi there -

We appreciate hearing about your recent experience at 11 Howard. Due to the nature of Hotwire reservations we unfortunately do not receive advanced notice of room preference but we do appreciate the business that we receive through this distribution channel and do try to treat all guests with equal respect regardless of where they book. Because many other channels do have room guarantee requirements those guests may receive priority with their room preference. Please accept our apologies that the situation was not handled more effectively and we hope you would consider returning in the future.

Katherine Woods

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful room, comfortable mattress, European shower. Location provides easy access to Chinatown, Little Italy, Le CouCou Restaurant, Landmark Coffee Shop. Spiraling stairs to library and bar. If you use Uber or Lyft, they will pick up near Le CouCou Restaurant side of hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi there, Sajo112013 -

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed the area and hope next time you can take advantage of some Neighborhood Discounts. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow, this hotel is a brilliant find... tooked away in a quiet side street close to Broadway and its hustle and bustle this hotel is unassuming on the outside and a treasure trove of Scandi design at its best inside. It’s a very simple foyer with a smart receptionist armed with an iPad who swiftly checks you in and directs your bags to your room. The rooms are compact but perfectly formed - relaxed decor in calming colours of soft grey and pink. I had total bathroom envy at this hotel and the toiletries were luxe. The bar with free wine in the evenings for an hour is a great meeting spot and is a feast for the eyes - sumptuous fabrics of velvet in a rich deep palette with artwork that blends so well with the space. The cocktails here are first rate too and resulted in many a sore head the next morning. This hotel is a truly excellent base and a must see if you are a fan of the scandi-style.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Katherine W, Manager at 11 Howard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Roughton1 -

Thank you for such a great review. I am thrilled to read that you were able to take advantage of Wine Hour in the Library and have a few cocktails at The Blond. We are proud to have worked with Space Copenhagen and Anda Andrei on the design of the hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Room 385 with tax. Tiny room (I got an upgrade too)

Food bill: 285

Tips to staff 500 (cold heart cash)

Manager during the day shift was great and he upgraded my room, then he told me to go to the bar.

That night I leave the bar to get my wallet I left in the room to tip some guys that were “unhappy”. I started giving tips to every guy 100 here 50 there. I go back to the bar, guy pretends I don’t exist and won’t let me back upstairs. The staff took over 400 dollars in cash at this point, because they could advantage of me. Why not right? Workers at hotel screw guests, it’s seem like common practice.

Stay away. There are better hotels.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brendan D
Katherine W, Manager at 11 Howard, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Brendan D -

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this review with you. Please contact me at kwoods@11howard.com.

Thank you.