“Don't miss it”
Review of Indian Accent

Indian Accent
Reserve with OpenTable
Indian Accent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 55 - US$ 110
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Indian Accent offers an inventive approach to Indian cuisine. Indian Accent's menu reinterprets nostalgic Indian dishes with an openness towards global techniques and influences. Chef Manish Mehrotra highlights distinctly Indian flavors on a contemporary menu.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

WOW!!! What great food and what an amazing experience!! I've never had Indian food that was this good. We had the Chef's Tasting menu and shared the wine pairing, which was plenty of wine for us. The service was splendid. Kenneth was a super waiter and we loved Cody who served each wine pairing. A stupendous dining experience. No wonder they're up for a Michelin star. Pricey, but worth every penny.

1  Thank Madeleine F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Indian Accent

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I have tried a lot but this place beats them all. So amazing food that just tickles and surprises you so good. I will so recommend the Chiefs menu. Expensive but ever so good. I had the wine to go with it. Special but went along perfectly.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect dinner in all sense. Perfect dishes, perfect portions, perfect taste, nicely presented. If you like Indian food this is a must, this is not traditional Indian food, this is a reinvention using the ingredients. From appetizers to desert everything is a new flavor a new dimension. I love it. Good wine selection and cocktails. By the way David make the difference best recommendation.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I love Indian food and came with Friends who recommended Indian accent with the preconceived idea that we knew what we were going to eat. We couldn't be more wrong. Everything from start to finish was a a new & fabulous experience, new flavors and new dishes. We all enjoyed every single one of them. Really amazing food!
My only negative comment is that they use the Indian terms with very limited translation and you need to ask your waiter to explain almost every line of the menu, especially for me who have food constraints. It is also why it is different from all the other Indian restaurants.
The tasting menu is $120 but the entire table must order the same and they didn't accommodate my constraints and it was a bummer for the all table as our friends wanted meat and I couldn't.
They have 3-course menu for $75 or 4-course for $90 with one accompaniment to pick among 3 (naan or Raita)
But past the order it was a phenomenal culinary experience!!!

Also on the positive side, tables are large with plenty of room. You don't feel over crowded as in many NYC restaurants and it is not as noisy, so you can have good conservations without raising your voice. Nice overall atmosphere.
Waiters are very professionals although not always easy to understand when you are not used to the Indian accent

Reviewed 3 August 2017

What a treat to experience a truly upscale Indian restaurant! Simplicity provides the epitome of elegant serenity with white, gold and gray tones against warm wood. From the start, we were totally in. At the posh Parker Meridien, Indian Accent has its own street entrance to the side with a setback front patio of inviting tables. But make no mistake, this is no hotel restaurant. It is a full- on fancy place in its own right. The “chef’s compliment” was an insanely delicious squash veloute with a mini kulcha stuffed with blue cheese goodness. Despite my wife’s recollection, I don’t think I was actually begging, but the server chuckled and brought a second round. Right away I regretted not having ordered 13 courses of the $120 tasting menu with its $85 wine pairing. But after our first a la carte dish, we realized we were going to fill up pretty quickly. The menu wasn’t entirely intuitive so we appreciated the gentle explanations. “Sweet pickle ribs” for example is not ribs of pickle, but in fact spare ribs. And the regular kulcha offering includes a choice of stuffing—not all three—as I tried to order. After a cocktail, we skipped the wine. However, the list is intelligently friendly for a spicy meal. And there is a selection of five delicious sounding “soft cocktails” for non-alcoholic drinks. Not to be out done by any trend, however, the drink menu also includes the obligatory playfully-named concoctions such as Transcendental Medication, Indian Summer and Mumbai’s the Word. In theory we should have been also groaning at the check, but we came here expecting to spend and eat well, and we did. Totally lovely evening. You probably want to dress up a little and certainly do want to make a reservation.