“Overnight”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Aurora, Colorado
“Overnight”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel is fairly new and looks beautiful, clean and nice inside and out. We had accidently booked the wrong type of room online but they were quick to meet our needs even though there was a rodeo going on in town (the hotel was full).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BSC12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Keller
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and had two rooms next to each other. They had only been open for 4 months when we were there, and in our room, I swear the bathtub had not been cleaned that entire time. The scum was thick in it, enough that I would not get in it. They didn't have anyone to clean it at the time, so they gave me a bucket and some supplies, and yep, I cleaned it myself. They were full, so we couldn't change rooms. They did apologize and comp the room for us, so I was okay with that. I'll clean a little for two free nights :) The other room was very clean, so not sure why the difference. The hotel was okay overall for Carlsbad. The price was much less than the Hampton, and that was important to us since we had two rooms. The breakfast was basic, no waffles, just cereal and pastries, but there is an IHOP in the same parking lot. If swimming is important to you, you might want to stay somewhere else. This is the smallest pool I have ever seen in a hotel anywhere. Tiny!! I read that in reviews, but it is really tiny!!! And since it was over 105 when we were there, it would have been nice to enjoy the pool. Overall, what I would expect from this chain. Not great, but okay value. I would stay there again, but would ask to see my room before checking in to be sure it is clean. The location is good, on the south side of town, next to IHOP, Chilis and Walmart, and closer to the Caverns.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cruzn3
work
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Fairfield Inn and Suites is a very nice place to stay in Carlsbad. I'm sitting in my room now as I write this review. Very clean, brand new, crisp linens, friendly staff, FREE Wifi, and most of all, a great night sleep on a comfortable (new) bed. I'd definetly stay here again and would recommend to others as well. Nice job by the management and team.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chadhvsa
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Got there without a reservation and the service was excelent. I was in the room in less than 5 minutes from the time I got there. Great service by both girls at the reception desk

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank beto44
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank You. It was pleasure having you stay with us.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 February 2012

What more could you ask for - clean room, friendly staff and excellent location to put your stuff down so you can go to the Caverans and take a trip to Roswell. The breakfast was like any other free breakfast - not much hot but a lot of cold selections. The bagels and muffins were fresh and the coffee was good. If we ever go through Carlsbad again - we would stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 4u2reed
Thank You so much for staying at our property. My staff and I try our best to give all of our guests the best stay when they are away from home.