Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites
US$ 274
Stevens Inn(Carlsbad)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desk staffrooms are nicewasher and dryerwould stay here againfresh cookiesother hotelsfitness roomin townwafflesoil gassanta febreakfast staffguadalupe mountains national parkdecent hotelfree breakfastoil field workersclean hotel
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and had two rooms next to each other. They had only been open for 4 months when we were there, and in our room, I swear the bathtub had not been cleaned that entire time. The scum was thick in it, enough that I would not get in it. They didn't have anyone to clean it at the time, so they gave me a bucket and some supplies, and yep, I cleaned it myself. They were full, so we couldn't change rooms. They did apologize and comp the room for us, so I was okay with that. I'll clean a little for two free nights :) The other room was very clean, so not sure why the difference. The hotel was okay overall for Carlsbad. The price was much less than the Hampton, and that was important to us since we had two rooms. The breakfast was basic, no waffles, just cereal and pastries, but there is an IHOP in the same parking lot. If swimming is important to you, you might want to stay somewhere else. This is the smallest pool I have ever seen in a hotel anywhere. Tiny!! I read that in reviews, but it is really tiny!!! And since it was over 105 when we were there, it would have been nice to enjoy the pool. Overall, what I would expect from this chain. Not great, but okay value. I would stay there again, but would ask to see my room before checking in to be sure it is clean. The location is good, on the south side of town, next to IHOP, Chilis and Walmart, and closer to the Caverns.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Cruzn3
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Fairfield Inn and Suites is a very nice place to stay in Carlsbad. I'm sitting in my room now as I write this review. Very clean, brand new, crisp linens, friendly staff, FREE Wifi, and most of all, a great night sleep on a comfortable (new) bed. I'd definetly stay here again and would recommend to others as well. Nice job by the management and team.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chadhvsa
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Got there without a reservation and the service was excelent. I was in the room in less than 5 minutes from the time I got there. Great service by both girls at the reception desk

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank beto44
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank You. It was pleasure having you stay with us.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

What more could you ask for - clean room, friendly staff and excellent location to put your stuff down so you can go to the Caverans and take a trip to Roswell. The breakfast was like any other free breakfast - not much hot but a lot of cold selections. The bagels and muffins were fresh and the coffee was good. If we ever go through Carlsbad again - we would stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 4u2reed

Thank You so much for staying at our property. My staff and I try our best to give all of our guests the best stay when they are away from home.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I am a hard sell for a 5. This almost made it. Room was clean and comfortable. Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Exercise room was large and well equipted. Breakfast was varied and well stocked. So what went wrong. First the laudry rom had one of the two dryers not working (was fixed the next day) The washer was very basic with only three setting which meant my wife could not wash items which used cold wash with regular rinse cycle. That was at most a minor problem. The major was a customer generated problem. When I went to exercise at 6:15, I heard an alarm going off as I passed a room. Returning at a little after 7, it was still going (loudly) off. I told the desk who said that they would call. At 7:30 while going to breakfast, the alarm was still going off. The desk said that there was no answer. The room was less than 50 feet from the desk. Finally, housekeeping must have turned it off, the cart was by the door. My concern was if the inhabitant had a helth problem, it was a couple of hours before they found the body. And, of course, the room next door had a two hour wake-up. Again, I realize this was a customer generated problem, but one that should have been handled at a 5 star hotel so I give them 4

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (west) side are quieter though Carlsbad has minimal traffic after 10 pm
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple