See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My friends and I stayed there this summer before and after a 11 day canoeing trip north of the Brooks Range. The accommodations were excellent and the price was excellent compare to other placews in town. The rooms were neat and the beds comfortable. We made pancakes each morning with supplied kitchen wares and breakfast food. The owner Jean made us feel very welcome. There is Wifi and a nice upstairs seating area in part of the B and B. We were able to leave some of our stuff there while we were canoeing. This was my third trip to Kotzebue for Brooks Range canoeing or hiking trips and I wish I had stayed here on on my other trips. Great place.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank BElliott1
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is my first time to Kotzebue. My friend is staying at the hotel around the corner and I'm staying here. I'm POSITIVE that I'm far more comfortable than she is! I'm here for 10 days and have all the comforts of home with a cozy bed, well supplied kitchen and the living room upstairs is a great place to kick back on the couch or recliner and watch TV.I prefer to cook for myself and Jean has pretty much everything I need. My Verizon cell service is good for outgoing calls, but my incoming calls go directly to voice mail and I don't receive text msgs...so for those of you coming up from the lower 48, keep that in mind. Jean provides a safe, warm and comfortable environment that is a great value compared to the other options in town.

Room tip: Keep in mind....it's Kotzebue, and if you're looking for the Hilton, stay in Anchorage.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at Bibbers twice - before and after our caribou hunt. Jean is great. She is very accommodating and friendly. The beds are clean and warm. The dining area and living room is very comfortable and functional. If I ever end up in Kotzebue, Alaska again Bibbers is where I would stay.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank littleflowerjme
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed at Bibber's B&B twice following canoe expeditions on the Noatak and Kobuk Rivers (4 and 2 nights respectively in 2012 and 2013) and will stay there again next year. Jean Bibber is friendly and professional, the rooms, baths, kitchen and common areas are comfortable and clean with cell phone reception and WiFi - Best accommodations in Kotzebue.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank PaintNPaddleStudio
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I echo what most of the other reviewers had to say. Though the shared bathroom wasn't as clean as I would like. The owner was very nice and helpful. Community space upstairs with kitchen, table, living room area and TV is nice. there is not much at all for the breakfast part of the B&B, so bring something to make or eat out. was also a bit unsettling that you could not lock your bedroom door, and the door to the outside was also unlocked.

Date of stay: August 2013