“Best Adventure Ever!”

Pirate Adventures of the Outer Banks
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Manteo
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures of the Outer Banks is a unique attraction for children located on the waterfront in the historic town of Manteo on Roanoake Island. Come aboard for this magical journey on a pirate ship that includes face painting, a real treasure hunt, water cannons, and so much more!
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I took my husband and my stepsons to the Outer Banks for the first time in July 2011. I wanted to do something fun to break up the week. I found out about the Pirate Adventures on Trip Advisor just before we left. We had the best time. Our boys had soo much fun. 9 months later and they are still telling people about the Pirates. They still play with the "loot" they discovered and they love watching the video of Pirate Pete being shoot with water cannons by the children. I hope I can find another great adventure this year... but I fear that Pirate Adventures is a hard one to beat...

4  Thank Irsh33
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We had a 9 yr old girl, and boys 6, 4 and 2. Everyone enjoyed the adventure, including the adults. Plan on spending some time in the town shops and restaurants also. Manteo is a beautiful place and the Pirate Adventure was magical!

6  Thank Mandy R
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have not been on this, but I walk my dog at the waterfront, so I get to watch this from the shore. You always know they are nearby then you hear the children's laughter, or the "little pirates" responding to the captain. Once, we were sailing near the boat and the kids kept ducking down. When we got closer, the captain would yell "All hands on deck!" and the kids would put their hands on the deck. TOO Funny. I often see the families around town afterwards. You can tell cause the kids look like pirates. I always say AAARRRGGG! They always report a good time!

6  Thank local20
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Seriously adults, don't be so uptight. The 2 person crew had me laughing a lot, and kept the kids engaged. But the other adults.... I thought I was at a memorial service or something. Enough with that.
As many have said, most kids have a great time with this. It may be too much for a 3 year old, depends on the kid.
I have to give the crew credit, knowing they do same thing 3-4 times a day, day after day. Great job guys and girls!

3  Thank metalhead
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We have a 10 and 9 year old. They were the oldest in the group but loved it. The people running it did a great job, very entertaining we worth the money.

4  Thank AnnLynchburgVa