“Lots of fun”

Pirate Adventures of the Outer Banks
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures of the Outer Banks is a unique attraction for children located on the waterfront in the historic town of Manteo on Roanoake Island. Come aboard for this magical journey on a pirate ship that includes face painting, a real treasure hunt, water cannons, and so much more!
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I took my 7 year old. She had a blast. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. The staff was amazing with the kids. I would recommend this to anyone with young kids.

1  Thank VAOBX
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

The price for this adventure is somewhat high, at $20 per person, but you do get about 2 hours of entertainment and it is well worth it. First, you go early so the kids can get dressed up like pirates and get their face painted. They do sell accessories there like patches and swords and you will find most kids do get those - we did not want to buy our son a sword since he had one at home but all the other kids had one and they were only $5 - we did make him give it to another kid on the next sailing since he already had one.
The people that run this adventure are great with kids. They put the kids in the front of the boat and teach them to talk like pirates and how to keep a lookout, etc. They found a treasure map, battled pirate pete, found a treasure, and found some pirate grog (cream soda). The kids absolutely loved it.
We went on the 9:30 AM sail and it was starting to get hot at the end - I would recommend going early. You should also book your trip ahead of time and book it for early in the week in case you get cancelled because of bad weather. They only take 38 total people out at a time so the trips fill up fast.

8  Thank paclarks
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We took our two grandchildren and their moms. Our grandson, 4 yrs. & 8 mo. and the granddaughter who is 5. The boy was ok at first, but was a very unhappy crew member as the trip went on. However our granddaughter had the time of her life. I would highly recommend this trip for 4year olds up to 7 or 8. Older children may find it a bit silly. The young adults were very good with the kids and really tried to get them involved. They start by getting pirate face and arm paintings and selecting a pirate vest to wear on the ship. They battle with water, drink grog from behind the high seas, and find buried treasure! You just won't believe until you see. This is quite an adventure for that particular age group and much fun for the adults to watch. We will try it again for our grandson, but believe he was just a little young for it, as i noticed another child about his age too was going through a tough time that day. Highly recommend and a must see!

2  Thank Deejam16
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We took the Pirate Adventure with my sons, ages 6 and 9, and my nephews, ages 2-5-6, and everyone had a blast. The "head pirate" held the kids attention as he led them on a search for treasure. The parents sat back and relaxed. I would highly recommend this Adventure for anyone with young children!

3  Thank Holducci
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This adventure was fun for my 3 year and me. The staff handles everything for you and allows you to sit back and watch your children have a wonderful time.

If in the area, this is a must do.

1  Thank Rungirl305