Although we've lived in North Carolina for four years now, we had not yet experienced the Outer Banks. We decided to try OBX for our 25th wedding anniversary, and were fortunate enough to find the White Doe Inn in Manteo.
We frequent B&Bs often enough that we know what to expect, and the White Doe met our expectations. The accomodations were lovely. The neighborhood was quiet while also convenient to the bustle of Nags Head. The staff always greeted us with a smile. Most mornings, Buddy the Cat joined us for breakfast, which was a good mix of quiches, French toast, and pancakes.
We stayed in the new Tower Suite which was lovely, we both enjoyed the room including the separate TV room. It's a bit of a climb to the third floor up some narrow stairs, which was fine for us but could be challenging for others; other rooms are available on the 1st and 2nd floors.
A bonus perk is that owner Bob Woody was very involved in the 1999 move of the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. I wish we'd had more time to discuss that event with him.
I would return, and may stay there if I choose to do one of the marathons or triathlons in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury lodging, quality service, and island life await you at the White Doe Inn; located in the quaint, coastal village of Manteo on Roanoke Island, NC. All bedchambers are decorated with family heirlooms, turn-of-the-century antiques & reproductions with comfortable sitting areas and fireplaces. Several rooms offer spa tubs for two and balconies. A full breakfast if offered daily. Every effort has been made to create a comfortable and intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The White Doe Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Doe Inn Bed And Breakfast
- The White Doe Hotel Manteo