“Best Soup and salad this summer”

Bookstore & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Seafood dining on Cape Cod, paired with an exquisite bookstore - enjoy the waterfront views at the Bookstore & Restaurant in Wellfleet. Since 1964, three generations of our family have come together to create the recipes that showcase seafood dining and family comfort. Many of our dishes have become classics on the Outer Cape. Combining our love for seafood and simplicity, we offer our customers unique waterfront dining on what we consider the most beautiful harbor in the world.
Reviewed 13 July 2017

All I had in my head for dinner was a summer salad and bookstore restaurant it me proud. a nice selection of lettuce with cranberries and nuts topped off with a berry dressing. I added chicken and it more than enough. I made the mistake of ordering a cup of clam chowder before the salad, not that it was not excellent it was my eyes were bigger than my belly. Great selection of wine.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is an excellent seafood and sandwich shop, with an oyster stew to die for! Whether you're eating in or taking out, it has something to satisfy everyone.It overlooks Wellfleet harbor, so you can sit on the deck or carry your meal across the street for a picnic on the bay. Either way, you'll not be disappointed! There's often lines out the door, so be prepared for a bit of a wait. Good fresh food, reasonable priced.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Wife and I spent a few hours walking around and exploring Wellfleet on our last visit to Cape Cod, after walking around a few hours we stopped at the Bookstore for lunch. We were immediately seated and greeted by our waitress-she was full of energy and very well acquainted with the menu. I had clam chowder and one of the specials of the day-Fried scallops on a New England Hot Dog roll-the scallops were fantastic! My wife had Oysters and an Oyster Po Boy-yes she definitely likes Oysters. They were both fantastic but the standout was the red sauce that accompanied the oysters-It was totally fresh and absolutely delicious. They have both indoor and outdoor seating and don't forget to visit the bookstore in the back! Great place to eat!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We make an annual pilgrimage to the Bookstore Restaurant. We come for the amazing Seafood Ruben, delicious and filling. Their club sandwiches are very good and the mussels are first rate. Do yourself a favor and check them out. Outdoor seating looking out over the harbor is a wonderful experience. Make sure to go out back to the bookstore, lots of great treasures at great prices.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Oysters - a dozen the half shell and oyster stew! Both superb. Of course Wellfleet Harbor deserves most of the credit for the quality of the oysters, fresh from their beds and with exquisite flavor and firmness. The oysters were nicely presented but they present themselves well enough. The stew - which my friend selected (and let me sample) - was delicious although a bit drab in appearance. I think a touch of paprika or a small swirl of hot sauce would have spruced it up very nicely but of course that is easy enough to do for oneself. Good choice of beer on tap. The view from the upstairs porch is superb - again graciously supplied by Wareham Harbor and the outlying bay. Prices OK - there is not much variation on the oyster prices from one place to the next - figure $2.25 or so a pop. I am not sure the bookstore, attached at the rear, is actually related to the restaurant. I generally like used bookstores but this place is not at all impressive. Poorly organized with very little of interest and very overpriced. But I cannot damn the restaurant for its faults!