All reviews fire pit continental breakfast hot tub marconi beach indoor and outdoor pools catch of the day restaurant next door cape cod bike trail bagels been coming for years entire place is ice cold free bicycles english muffin definitely stay here again either direction
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Our expectations were far exceeded. We were looking for last minute affordable lodging during the Labor Day weekend. From our first phone call to our late checkout, the service was friendly and efficient. This motel is clean/well maintained/well located to the bike trail and other amenities. We biked to the beaches, and the other direction for mini golf and ice cream. There are indoor/outdoor pools (we didn’t use as we opted for the beach, but they appeared clean and tidy), bikes/bike rack, and small play area for younger children. Continental breakfast. Not overly fancy, but if you are looking for simple, clean, and pleasant, it fits the bill! And the coffee is good.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank a_reming
southfleet, Manager at Southfleet Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This was a very nice place to stay from top to bottom. We were walking distance to 3 bars and restaurants. They have 2 nice pools, a fire pit and bikes to ride. The rooms were a little dated but very clean and comfortable. The only flaw was the shower. There was no way to regulate the temp. While showering the temp was going from burning hot to ice cold. Would I stay here again, yes.

Room tip: We asked for a quiet room and they gave us room 28. Very nice and quiet.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia M
Reviewed 21 July 2018

While the Southfleet is not a 5* hotel I am giving it a 5* review based on price, location, cleanliness, and comfort! Trying to find a decent place to stay on Cape last minute during the height of the season is no easy task! There are many run down motels and "cottages" that probably haven't been updated since being built. Lucky for us we found a last minute room at the Southfleet via hotels.com. We only needed one night for our annual day trip to Cohoon Hollow Beach in Wellfleet (we go down the night before instead of driving 4 hours in one day...)

The hotel is conveniently located right on Route 6, and walking distance to several restaurants. We were speedily and courteously checked in, no problem with the third party booking (I do try to avoid those but this price was too good- $105!!). We were in room five which was a cozy double bedded room. While small, the room was clean and comfortable. There was space behind the door in the bathroom to hang clothes if needed, hairdryer, iron and ironing board.

The shower stall was on the small side also but good water pressure and temp. I loved the black wash cloth labeled "makeup remover"! Genius! I've seen many hotels put a nice note asking folks not to use their white towels to remove makeup. This solves the problem and I've never seen these anywhere else. Fun fact!

We didn't use the pools but both indoor and outdoor pool areas looked clean and well maintained. The AC worked fine and we got a good night's sleep, no noise from route 6 or any of the neighboring rooms. Continental breakfast consisted of bagels, english muffins and packaged oatmeal. I liked the everyhing bagel seasoning, that spiced it up a bit. I would suggest maybe adding some fresh fruit that can be easily carried like apples or bananas, and/or little yogurts to add some fruit and protein to the carbs!

There are complimentary bikes and helmets. If we had a longer stay those would have come in handy.

Room 5 is definitely on the smaller side, would be perfect for a solo traveler. It worked well for us as we are smaller people! I am 5 feet and my husband is 5'4" weight proportional. I think some one 6' might have their feet hanging off the bed and a larger person might struggle with shower stall. It reminded me of a european style shower, not in a bad way, just giving you all the lowdown!

I feel like this would be a great affordable place to stay for several days to explore Marconi beach (right across the street) and other local beaches. We had dinner in Ptown, abuot 15 mins further, easy drive. Tons to explore in either direction, food, shops, nature etc.

I was pleasantly surprised and impressed and would certainly recommend and consider a longer stay if I were to be looking for a longer getaway and can see how it would be family friendly too and possibly an alternative to the more expensive home rentals etc.

Room tip: Room 5 is probably the smallest room
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacationerBoston
Reviewed 15 April 2018

EXCELENT LOCATION for exploring the natural beauty of the cape with all the amenities to boot. CLEAN, FIRST RATE FAMILY RUN BUSINESS. They think of everything that would help make your stay enjoyable whether you are single guests, couples or family fun. They have and get it all! They have sustainable business ethics with a good partnership with the neighboring two restaurants that are both excellent as well. Bikes, BBQ, fire pit, wonderfully indoor and outdoor pools and so close to many beaches, hiking areas, sunrises and sunsets, Audubon and even a nostalgic drive-theatre just minutes away. Great family value accommodations for the Cape. I have had a career in hospitality at Cornell. You won't find better hosts than Virginia, Dakota, Alex, Brad and baby Oifa (in training)...Visit the exceptional Van Rensselaer's restaurant next door or Catch of the Day, where ...if you prefer, you can also buy seafood to grill at South Fleet. All excellent... so many options!

Room tip: Take them all!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
southfleet, Manager at Southfleet Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Anthony, Thank you so much for your review! Cant wait to see you again this year!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I have stayed here at least 3-4 times over many years,and up to the LAST stay everything was perfect..nice husband/wife team.(owners). great pool and hot tub,superior location across from Marconi Beach entrance. Entire place is SUPER NEAT and CLEAN ! !..nice washer/ dryer area also..plus restaurants either side of the Inn. . However, imagine my SURPRISE,at my most recent visit 2 yrs back, -when i was given a room the size of a BROOM CLOSET!!,just behind the office..I have always had ''regular' rooms there, neat,clean and never any problem..this room was not even big enough for a DESK..I complained to her husband...and promptly got a regular sized room (thank you) as I had previously been accustomed to..Everything was fine ,after that,,i suspect 'collusion -mcl- group...will stay again but will make sure Im NOT relegated to a trash bin room..was QUITE surprised..as I had been a regular (single) ideal guest..2-3 times before...

Room tip: all rooms are fine and spacious,,except the one i mentioned in review,right behind the office
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
southfleet, Manager at Southfleet Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your review! Sorry for the mix up, and thank you for letting us know while you were here so we could accommodate you.