“Great surf lessons and experience!”
Review of Sugar Surf

Sugar Surf
Reviewed 21 July 2018

My teenage daughter and niece had great lessons last summer, going back for more this summer! They both were able to stay up by the end, even thought the waves were big that day. MacKenzie is the best!

All reviews
"waves"
in 2 reviews
"beach"

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We have two tweens- one who wanted to surf and googled surfing and ended up at "Sugar surf" website. It became the center of our vacation and we were not disappointed. I was very intimidated at first bc I never surfed before and am out of the surfing "age". It had already wanted to do it. She made me, and all my family, feel really comfortable.

Mackenzie was our instructor and was very knowledgeable. She said to only being your swimsuits and she was right- we didn't need anything else except a camera. She had us all up on boards before our lesson ended. (It helped that we were all swimmer and comfortable in the water).

We met at White crescent beach which has a very steep slope down so you need to be able to climb down and up for your lesson.

When we do it again, I will plan for spending the day at that beach (bc it was beautiful and not crowded) and incorporating the lesson into the day.
We will definitely be back!!! This was honestly one of the best things our family has done together.

1  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Called to book a lesson for my son and we received a prompt response with simple and clear details of where to meet. We met McKenzie at the beach and she was very personable and I could tell my son was comfortable with her right away. He had surfed a couple of times before so was up pretty quick so she proceeded to show him some new things to try. He was thrilled and said he learnt more from her in that lesson than any other instructor. She taught him about safety and how to read the waves. He has not stopped talking about it and is already talking about going next year and taking more lessons with McKenzie! Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Zak R
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Nice place, nice waves, and the coach Mackenzie is really professional and give some good tips. Really nice with the kids too.