other travellers have booked this property
Pond Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Pond
Kitchen
Private rear deck overlooking pond
Deck walkway around pond
Deck walkway to upper cottages
First Floor bedroom with twin beds
Mirror on built-in chest of drawers in bedrooms
Second bedroom on first floor with twin beds
Kitchen counter
Front deck with table/chairs
Deck around the corner
Back deck
Bathroom
Bath sink
Deck walkway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Mary M
Waterford, Michigan
“The condo was a bit disappointing but the area is beautiful.”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This condo is in a beautiful wooded location next to a peaceful pond and just a short drive to beautiful beaches, the charming downtown areas of wellfleet and Provincetown. The condo itself however was not very comfortable. The photos for this condo fail to show that there is a very narrow metal circular staircase leading up to the loft area. If you want to sleep in the queen bed (as opposed to twin beds), you'll have to climb up and down this staircase. My husband and I rented this condo for our honeymoon but we weren't about to spend the week climbing up and down this narrow staircase. My husband has a back issue and even though we are both otherwise healthy and physically fit, this staircase is a hazard:especially when it comes to middle-of-the-night trips to the bathroom located on the first floor. A picture of the staircase which figures prominently in the condos design is attached. Pictures of the condo should have been included with the others used to advertise this condo but they weren't. My husband and I ended up sleeping on 2 twin beds pushed together which proved to be very uncomfortable.
We also had a problem getting Wi-Fi access. When we asked where the router was, we were told that they share service with another condo. (I.e. they DON'T have Wi-Fi service in the condo). We couldn't access the neighbor's Wi-Fi using the username and password the owner gave us but fortunately, we were able to sign on using our own xfinity account.
The living room seating area isn't very comfortable either as it is made up of just 2 wicker chairs.
Finally, bring your own dish cloths and dishtowels as these things are not provided (A first for me in all my years of renting vacation spots).

Management Response
9 Oct 2017
I'm sorry you did not find our cottage as comfortable as you would have liked. The listing did, however, note that there was a queen bed in the loft and twin beds in the first floor bedrooms so you should have been aware of the bed locations at the time of rental. It's also reasonable to assume you were aware that stairs would be needed to access the loft bedroom. Had you mentioned that your husband has an issue with stairs, I would have advised you that perhaps our cottage was not a good fit since to use the queen bed, he would need to climb stairs to the loft.

I'm sorry there was no second floor bathroom to accommodate you but there was adequate lighting, including a long strip of five lights spanning the entire room, which illuminated the stairway and downstairs, and which could have been easily accessed by a switch on the loft wall. There were also three other lights in the bedroom that would have made it easier to see at night.

The wicker chairs were shown in photos of the cottage along with the picture of a couch, which could have provided more comfortable seating for you. There were also several other chairs available that could have been substituted for the wicker chairs which you found uncomfortable.

We do provide wifi access via a shared router. The password information that was supplied is the same password that was used by other tenants this summer. I also used it when I was at the cottage while making sure the pace was clean and neat for your arrival just days earlier.

As for the dishtowels and dish cloths -- we supply each tenant with a new sponge but, in paperwork sent with the key, we advise all our guests that they are responsible for bringing their own bed linens and towels -- including dish towels. That is very common when you rent a cottage on Cape Cod and it has been for years -- especially along the more rural Outer Cape where our cottage is located.

We're sorry you did not find our cottage as comfortable as you expected but we still hope you had a great time in Wellfleet and got to enjoy the beauty that is Cape Cod.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing