“Brunch”

Crazy Goose Bar and Lounge
Ranked #3,300 of 5,555 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Hanging out downtown and stopped in to try this place out. They have indoor and outdoor seating which is nice. A light menu of choices but the food was very good. Very friendly staff and overall clean and a pleasant experience.
A tad higher price probably because of the location.
Worth the visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for happy hour on a Tuesday evening. Very empty but the service was great and the wings were fabulous!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

My family and I were looking for a place for breakfast while we were on vacation and came upon a sign at the Crazy Goose for brunch and said why not give it a try. Well what a huge mistake! How do you have brunch but you tell us that you do not have coffee, tea, or milk? My son ordered pancakes that tasted gross.
Breakfast is the easiest thing to make and if you screw that up you can bet lunch and dinner will be just as bad! Also the music that they were playing was way to loud for morning customers it was for night crew. We DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL! Many other places down 625th street to eat at...I say walk on by and pick somewhere else.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Great place to meet up before all the pool parties. Food was great and the bottomless mimosas can't be beat.

1  Thank Mark_Rondeau_USA
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Now I'm not a drinker, but the group that I was on holiday with insisted that we went out to a bar, so out to a bar we went. We hadn't originally planned to go to the Crazy Goose, but our first choice (the country place over the road that I've forgotten the name of) wouldn't let one of the girls in as she had no ID.

Surprisingly, I actually really liked this bar. The problem is that I think I liked it for completely the wrong reason. Allow me to explain.

We were there for about two hours and in that time we were literally the only customers. There were queues forming outside the other bars along the road, but for some reason nobody bothered with the Goose. Suited me just fine as I absolutely detest busy bars filled with rowdy, sloshed punters (yes, I am pretty much a grumpy pensioner in a thirty year old's body).

The barman was very friendly and decided that my soda was on the house - I tried to pay and he wouldn't let me! I ended up leaving him a massive tip because I felt so guilty about not paying when they clearly hadn't made any profit at all for the entire evening. I do realise that particular course of action wouldn't have benefitted anybody other than the barman, but it made me feel better.

Essentially, we had a very nice and very cheap evening in what ended up being our own private bar. Thing is, if they keep going like that they won't be open for too much longer and that'll be a real shame.

Good points: classy decor, nice staff, free drinks.

Bad points: where were all the other customers??