“Very friendly staff ”
Review of Cocina 35

Cocina 35
Ranked #873 of 5,558 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The flavors are realy good and there but it is to cold inside and by the time you get your food... its to cold. What a shame this place has the potential... it might be better to take it to go

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The long wait on a Sunday was well worth it. This place has authentic chilaquiles!!! i don’t remember the last time I had such amazing chilaquiles. Not to mention the huge portions. Aguas frescas are really good as well as their cafe de holla (cinnamon coffee). The staff is very friendly and polite. This is not a formal sit down restaurant, it has a cafeteria concept.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Although not close to the hype of the gas lamp district, this quaint eatery provides made to order authentic Mexican fare. I have never been disappointed after several trips when I am in San Diego

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We walked here from our hotel to have lunch. Basically the only lunch items were various forms of chilaquiles, which are really just tortilla strips, that you could get topped with meat, grilled veggies, salsas. I had the grilled veg version with rojas sauce. The sauce had a good flavor, but the grilled veggies were little more than a few green pepper and onion pieces, and a few avocado slices, with a huge pile of the tortilla strips. I would have liked more veggies and much fewer tortilla strips and I left most of them on my plate. Would not eat here again.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I ordered their famous chilaquiles for a later breakfast one morning while visiting San Diego, and I could not have bene more pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and delicious, and the portion was HUGE!!! I was not at all disappointed with my choice of food, but every single dish that I saw come out looked equally amazing. The french toast looked like some of the best I have ever seen. My friend ordered a more traditional American-style breakfast and ate every single bite of it. My dish was so good that I tried to eat it all, but only could make it through about 2/3 of the plate. Even at that, I was so uncomfortably full that I did not want to eat the rest of the day. I would recommend splitting a plate for you do not feel bad about wasting one bite of this deliciousness!!! I highly recommend this place, and I will go out of my way to return here the next time I am back in Sand Diego.

Date of visit: December 2017