New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #155 of 283 Hotels in San Diego
Corona, CA
“Not bad for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Not as fancy as the Hampton Inn next door but it was only 69.00 per night where the Hampton was 141.( AAA price). It didn't include the breakfast buffet like the Hampton but it had a nice buffet for 7.99 and remember the room is half the price. The main thing I didn't like was the 25" old style TV where most the more expensive places have the 42"widescreen flatpanel but we only stayed one night and it sufficed. Everything was clean and sparkling which I felt was more important than the tv. Couldn't spot any mold that others have complained about. Bed was comfortable. Had a selection of pillows in different softness. Nice scented soaps and lotions. Shower only, no tub so if you have kids you might think about that. If I was staying more than one night I would probably pay more and have more luxury, but for one night to conserve costs it was fine. We were there to attend a funeral nearby and it was only 5 miles from Miramar National Cemetery.

Room Tip: The rooms were smaller than they appear in the pictures but that is probably the case with most. Als...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anne M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Bad bad experience. Stayed here for a baseball tournament and the rooms were dirty, some had mold. My socks were brown after walking around in the room and the pillows were lumpy. I slept on my hands, so my face and mouth would not touch the pillow. The air conditioner was horrible and did not cool down the room. One room had barf on the floor, the other had mold in the room that made my friends daughter very sick. My room had a whole in the bottom of the door and I was just waiting for rodents to come into the room. Raccoons walking around at night. Manager Steve W (Wellington) I believe was his last name is rude rude rude. He said he did not care if we complained because it would not hurt his ratings. The rooms DO NOT look like the pictures. There are not flat screen TV's as shown in the pictures or at least not in the room I was in or the rooms of friends. I do not recommend this hotel.

I, along with many others left and went to a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: There are not any good rooms. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
curtisramada, Manager at Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Unfortunately the review of the condition of this guest room is completely false. We currently do not have/ nor have we ever received any comments/ complaints of holes in doors. The raccoons which were on property have been safely removed by professionals and have been relocated. The Ramada Conference Center has always maintained a preventative pest control measure to ensure that our guests experience is of the highest quality and of the healthiest conditions. The property has not received a less than stellar rating from the health department both for our rooms or restaurant. As stated this guest did not have a flat screen television, we are currently in process of upgrading the rooms which eventually all rooms will contain flat screens. The television in this guest room was in functioning order and cable was provided. In an effort to conserve energy the air conditioner was not on when the guest arrived and unfortunately did not cool in enough time to satisfy the guest. Our property conducts routine steam cleaning of the carpets to maintain optimal cleanliness standards. Our sincerest apologies that this guest thought our pillows to be "lumpy" but our pillow cases our cleaned according to standards and we fail to understand why this guest did not want her mouth or face to touch them. On a personal level my sincerest apologies that her and her family did not have a pleasant experience, but I invite her back to try us again.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed here for a tournament and this 2 day stay wound up causing a huge asthma and allergic reaction. The room was so full of mold that the door had to stay open the entire time while we were there, except when we slept. People who walked by commented that they could smell the mold around the corner. The bathroom had been recently painted to cover the mold but it was poking through before we left. The carpets had mold in them and all they did was sprinkle baking soda over it and re-vacuum. We couldn't leave any earlier because they wanted to charge us to leave. Our mistake. . . we should have just eaten the cost. There were no other rooms available at this hotel, but after 2 nights, the lungs couldn't take anymore. . .We moved to the Holiday Inn Express and it was sooo much better. Don't risk your health if you have allergies or asthma!!! The management wanted to help but the room was too far gone to make a difference. When we checked out they were rude. Better off staying somewhere else, even if it costs more.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Unfortunately this guests review is false. During this guests stay with us we did not receive any complaints/ concerns with the condition of the room. As we are consistently painting the property, we do this to strive to give the guest a comforting and clean condition of not only the guest rooms but the property grounds as well. We will not rent a guest room if it contains a paint smell or if there is a possibility of mold in the room. We do not use baking soda on our carpets and we currently utilize a rotating carpet cleaning schedule even during our high occupancy times. Our apologies that this guests stay was less than satisfying but we invite her and her family to come back and try us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

During our stay there, the front desk was so rude! They do not have the continental breakfast that they advertised either!

• Stayed August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Unfortunately we do not offer or advertise a continental breakfast. However we do offer an all you can eat breakfast buffet for $7.95 for adults and $5.95 children. During the check in process we inform all of our guests about our breakfast and our breakfast hours. Our sincerest apologies that there might be a billing issue, however if there is a concern I would invite you to contact us immediately so that it may be resolved.
Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I just stayed on Sept 19 for 4 days. It is the 2nd time that I stay in this hotel in the past 3 months. I love it because it is quiet & private. The price is right, rooms are very clean and a courteous staff. It is in a central location. If you are looking for an entertainment hotel look some where else. If you are in business travel like I do, you need a quite place where you can turn on your laptop either day or night and work quietly in your room, pool, or any area within the hotel. If you are travelling with your couple it is great too due to the privacy. I LOVE the landscaping specially the bird of Paradise flowers on my window. I made it my place every time I visit San Diego either pleasure, business or both ;)

Room Tip: Rooms on ground level at the far end are quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business