All reviews pineapple cupcakes pineapple hospitality free bikes gaslamp district pineapple theme free slippers mini cupcakes great location yellow bikes individual duvets stuffed dog tommy bahama toiletries interior room every afternoon modern design convention center comfortable bed
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What a great hotel! I have never slept in a motel comfortable bed in my life! Even my $5000 bed at home is not as comfortable. The staff was wonderful! If you are looking for comfort, this is the place! Stayed here for a week with my daughter after she had surgery. Had the King suite so we just made ourself at home and layrd low. Gas lamp district is great for walking around and good nitelife. I would recommend not even having a car because everything is within walking distance.
Katie M , Ravensdale, Wa

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie M
Charlie S, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Katie!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of you and your daughter's stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded all of your expectations throughout your time with us and had a great time exploring all the Gaslamp and San Diego has to offer. I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire Pineapple team and know they will beam with Pineapple pride when I do.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Omg this hotel is the best, since the check in the staff welcome you very nice, then you go to your room and a sweet teddy puppy in your bed gives you the welcome too, very nice details all about puppy’s and pineapples, this hotel is petfriendly, they love what you care the most, in general super clean, super bed!!! Super everything and every detail. I will come back to Hotel Z the next time in San Diego! The Area is the best, lost of bars and restaurants, 3 blocks from the trolley, in Gaslamp, even that is a lot of movement at the city , you will not hear any noise at your room. I give a 10! I can’t wait to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed at room 226
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna D
Charlie S, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Anna!

What a wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations on so many levels and cannot wait to share your comments with the entire Pineapple team. I know they will beam with Pineapple pride when I do.

We look forward to your next stay with us as well and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this noisy hotel and it was unbearable from inside. Apparently, this hotel has never heard of sound proofing their walls. Constant stomping and shaking from above floors at all hours of the night and days. Large doors slamming. And these ridiculous high decibel barn yard doors outfitted in the rooms. Maids clanking those pineapple glass cups for hours at a time. I called front desk complaining which didn’t alleviate the constant noise. I’ve stayed at hotels in 3rd world countries that had better sound proofing regardless of the floor I slept on and better nights sleep. I’m shocked how this place gets such great reviews given the insurmountable noise from Inside the hotel. 2 nights of no sleep in which I’ll never come back again. I deserve a full refund for no sleep due to all the noise!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidHeman

Hello DavidHeman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Z.

I'm sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations and we appreciate the feedback you have provided us with.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Great location and service. The bicycles were a great plus, had a lot of fun with them. The only complaint I have is that our room was net to the elevator (room 202) so we had a lot of noise very late or very early. Everything else was exceptional.

Room Tip: Don't stay next to the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juan B

Hi juanrbarrio,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Hotel Z.

We appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to sharing it with the entire team.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations and blocking you in a different location of the hotel, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Amazing find! Very friendly and extremely helpful staff. Very clean facilities and great use of space. Location is excellent - walking distance to Conference Centre and in the heart of Gaslamp Quarters.

Room Tip: Small space for very efficient.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi lmuzzo27!

Thank you for the perfect rating and wonderful review of your stay with us at Hotel Z!

I'm thrilled to hear that the Pineapple team members went above and beyond and that our location was perfect and a quick walk to the conference center.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do to assist you with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.