All reviews mcrd graduation marine graduation room was clean underground parking within walking distance shuttle service yogurt free breakfast free shuttle nice pool easy access pool and hot tub would stay here again third floor air conditioner checking in per night
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Staff was outstanding always smiling and helpful. Room was clean and as was the pool and surrounding areas of the hotel. Shuttles to the base and airport and the willingness to go above and beyond for the military families! Great Job

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0611GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Hello kwynns7811,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and positive experience with us and other travelers. We are delighted to hear you had a positive experience and received exceptional service that enhanced your satisfaction. Thank you and congratulations to you and your new Marine. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to San Diego! Thank you for being our guests!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

The room did not smell nice at all, perhaps there were dogs in there before us. Also the door needed to be slammed loudly to close it which was not good for those in neighbouring rooms.

I had to pay an additional daily charge for the safe in the room whether I used it or not – crazy! Take it out or include it in the room rate! It was disappointing to learn of this on our departure and to leave on a sour note.

No one in our large group was aware of the extra charge or happy about it when we all understood that our room had been fully paid before our arrival. Seems silly to upset guests for such a small charge.

Breakfast was ok, but is served in a very small cramped room that was totally unable to fit enough guests in. There was only a very limited selection and nothing was made to order.

A lot of traffic noise (incl rooms not on the highway side) but the aircon was noisy enough to drown out!!

The positives included the manager who was very friendly and made a real effort to check on guests along with the close proximity to Old Town.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
General M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Rakehoe,
Thank you for investing the time to review your stay with us. Our proximity to Old Town is one of our biggest attributes and we’re glad that was of convenience for you. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings you endured while at our hotel. We always aim to wow our guests and we’re disappointed that we missed the mark with you. Your concerns are important to us and your comments will be shared with our staff in hopes of improving our guest’s experience. Again, thank you for your honest feedback. We hope that you’ll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Called Hotel prior to arrival to inquire about where the area was for walking my Dog. Was told there were two grassy areas at the hotel. Upon arrival I asked where the areas were for the dog. Turned out I had to exit the main entrance onto a very, very busy street, walk on the sidewalk and try to have the dog relieve himself on a strip of land adjacent to the hotel that was 75% Dirt with sparse Crab Grass at long intervals. In addition, the Ice Machine on our floor was broken on both days. When I went to the Lobby to buy a soda, there was a very limited selection, no Diet Coke and about 50% empty. All of these things were annoying, especially since we were there on a weekend when lots of events were scheduled throughout the area. They should have been more well prepared for such a busy weekend when the hotel was completely full. JC from Phoenix

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0611GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear JMC0005,
Thank you for investing the time to provide us with feedback. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings you endured while at our hotel. Our staff hold guest service in the highest regard and we’re disappointed that we missed the mark with you. Your concerns are very important to us and your comments will be shared with our staff in hopes of improving our guest’s experience. Again, thank you for your honesty, we hope that you’ll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We have stayed at La Quinta at various locations and have always been very satisfied with the accommodations, service, and value. We found this hotel on line and chose it for just an overnite stay. We selected it specifically for the courtesy airport shuttle. I made the reservation telephonically directly with the hotel and was assured a shuttle is offered. The evening we arrived at the San Diego airport, I called the hotel twice. The phone rang and rang and rang, even waiting 15 mins or so in between calls. There was not even any voice mail. I finally called the La Quinta 1-800 ph # on my email reservation confirmation explaining the situation. The man who answered said he would try to contact the hotel...after waiting a while, he told me to go to the airport courtesy hotel vehicle curb and wait for the white La Quinta courtesy mini van. We waited and waited. I then called the hotel, and a lady answered only to tell me that the shuttle service was only until 8PM! She did, however, say she'd try to contact the driver, but to no avail. She was very apologetic and pleasant, although it did not make up for the inconvenience! We took a taxi to the hotel ($20). Upon checking in, I explained the situation again, and it happened to be the same lady on duty at the desk when I tried calling earlier. She was pleasant and again apologetic, but said that the hotel/she was not responsible for the "3rd party" information from the La Quinta 1-800 ph#. She also said she left the desk to deliver towels to a hotel guest, but there was no else on duty. I asked if the hotel or the manager would consider a reimbursement of the taxi fare, due to the misinformation. However, she said that they do not do that. I inquired about late check out as we had a afternoon flight departure. She said we do not offer late check out. I told her I've had it often at other La Quinta locations, and she said their hotel did not offer the service! As we did check in late, we asked about restaurants for dinner. The lady was very helpful and gave us a map to Old Town within about 2 blocks walking distance. We put our luggage in the room and went to eat. Unfortunately, after arriving in Old Town, there were no restaurants open after 9PM!!! It would've been more than helpful if the lady had told us that! When we returned to the room, we found a delivery menu card for Little Italy. This was the highlight of our stay at La Quintal The food was delivered piping hot within minutes w/disposable utensils. We ordered the special offer of a choice of 2 items...a very generous portion of spinach lasagna and a 10" pepperoni pizza with salad and garlic bread for only $23.99, excellent value! As for the hotel, it was minutes from the airport. The hotel, although old, the room was clean, nicely updated and refurbished. It was like other La Quinta hotels equipped with a coffee pot, microwave, and frig. On departure morning, I called the front desk to ask about late check in. With no hesitation, the lady approved the request and rescheduled our shuttle departure. Upon check out, I learned it was Mercy Wright, Gen Mgr, who authorized the late check out. As such, I explained what had transpired since the time of my telephonic reservation with her hotel. She was polite and attentively listened to the inconveniences we had experienced. I explained that perhaps there is a need for training of the staff to improve the hotel services...i.e., from the start of our dilemma, we should've been informed at the time of the resrvation of the limited schedule of the courtesy shuttle; the La Quinta 1-800 ph # should not give out inaccurate information if they do not know exactly what each hotel services are; the hotel should consider a method to answer phone calls if the front desk must be left attended; the hotel staff should also be aware of the time and not direct guests to Old Town after normal business hours and that the hotel does, in fact, allow courtesy late check out. Mercy was appreciative of the comments and said that she would pass on the suggestions to her staff, but when asked if she would reimburse our taxi fare, she declined. We will not stay at this hotel in the future.

Room tip: Confirm hours of the hotel-airport courtesy shuttle!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear HIAloha,
Thank you for investing the time to review your stay with us. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, please again accept our apologies for the challenges you faced during your time at our hotel. As your concerns are important to us, your comments have been shared with our staff in hopes of improving our guest’s experience. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope that you’ll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Stayed here for two nights. Room was clean and quite comfortable and within walking distance of Old Town shopping and restaurants. Kuazine checked us in and we were immediately very impressed with his friendliness, enthusiasm, and customer service. We also met Mecy while checking out she and the other staff were also very helpful and friendly. We had a nice time lounging around their pool and in the jacuzzi. We had a great experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear judybB4366IJ
It was a pleasure to welcome you and serve you as our guests! I remember you and your family, it was a pleasure to meet all of you. I am happy to hear you had a positive, satisfactory and memorable experience during your visit to La Quinta Inn & Suites Old Town/Airport. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will always do everything possible to make each experience positive and satisfactory. Thank you for the trust, your recommendation and loyalty you have placed in us. We hope to welcome you again soon, thank you for being our guests!