I was at this hotel for a conference, so it's not a hotel I chose. There are actually two Sheraton locations real close to each other and I think they're the same hotel, just different "towers", which are maybe a 10-15 walk apart. I stayed in the marina tower of the main hotel. I was impressed with the lobby and the first impressions of the place, very nice, big and open. My room was large, with a balcony overlooking downtown. Every room has a balcony which I liked. The bathroom and room was clean, and I'm usually pretty picky about that. I was disappointed there was no microwave or even fridge in the room. There was a mini-bar, but it was not cold and it was riduculously overpriced. The staff was nice, but I didn't need their assistance hardly at all. My main disappointment was the location, for a few different reasons. First, it's literally across the street from the airport. I could easily hear the planes from my room, but at night there weren't many, so sleeping at night was okay. But they start again around 6 am. Secondly, this hotel is 2.8 miles walking distance to Seaport Village and douwntown which is a shopping area on the water. I know it's 2.8 miles becasue I walked it several times, which, at a brisk pace took me about 45 minutes. I did not have a car, but if I did, I'd have to pay over $20/day to park it. There is no entertainment or dining within walking distance. There are two restaurants in the hotel, one nice one and one bar/pub. And also a Starbucks. Both are overpriced. I paid $22 for breakfast buffet. $16 for a burger. However, if you walk along the marina towards the other tower, there is a deli along the sidewalk open around 7am-5pm-ish that serves breakfast and lunch/dinner that has good food at a reasonable price. I found this place on day 3 of 3 of my conference and wish I had found it earlier, as the lunch served at my conference was awful. Lastly, I was surprised they didn't have wireless in the ballroom/conference rooms. This made a work-related conference inconvenient. Overall this was a nice hotel, but I was very disappointed in the location and how they nickel and dime you for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina