Decent stay, great price
I stayed here with my husband for a quick weekend house-hunting trip. I got an amazing deal on Priceline, so I guess I shouldn’t be TOO picky…
The hotel is VERY close to the airport which is very convenient, and luckily no airport noise that I noticed. The desk clerk when we checked in was very friendly and efficient. He upgraded us to a suite with a view, which put us in the Bay Towers, a separate building a little bit down the road. What he neglected to tell us was that we would be charged $22/day for parking – we found out when we checked out. He also didn’t tell us that Wifi is $11.95 per day…
We chose the Bay view over the marina view, and enjoyed the view from the balcony. The room was large, with a sitting area with a couch and chairs and a desk area. It was also very quiet, even though we were next to an elevator. I found the nautical theme everywhere a little tiring – a little cliché and doesn’t really convey “luxury” to me. The bed placed diagonally in the room also seemed odd. That said, the bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were great – I slept very well here.
The bathroom was abnormally small for the size of the room. I kept thinking if they had placed the bed horizontally instead of diagonally, they could have made the bathroom bigger. The towels were of decent quality, and the shower was ok, though not enough pressure for my taste.
Overall a decent stay, but would not stay here again if I didn’t get a similarly low price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina