All reviews mission valley the club lounge upgraded to a suite fashion valley comic con sea world coffee maker parking fee balboa park old town hotel circle fitness center gaslamp district freeway zoo sdsu seaworld
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We were here for 2 nights for Comicon and to celebrate our youngest birthday. Paul reached out ahead of time as we were SPG Platinum to ask if we wanted anything.
After mentioning our plans he surprised us with balloons and an upgrade to a wonderful suite which was perfect. The lounge was small but had good food. Everyone was very nice and easy access to downtown. Overall a great experience!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I stayed here for one night and had a positive experience. I asked for a room facing the hill, as I had read reviews of traffic noise on the other side. That was a good call! My room seemed recently refurbished. It was comfortable and quiet. I used the fitness room, which needs attention. It was minimal, with aerobic machines and hand weights. I enjoyed the pool and spa. I didn't eat at the restaurant. I'd recommend the hotel.

Room tip: face hillside, away from the freeway!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I was traveling from Salt Lake City to San Diego for the first time. Had some unexpected lodging issues (skip trying to staying with family) and had to look some where else. We found this spot and it was a great choice. It was so convenient to the freeway with out getting the noise of the cars. Close to dining and shopping it couldn't of worked out better. But what topped it off was the amazing customer service all the way around. From the gentlemen who checked us in and stored our luggage to the bellman who brought some stuff up to our room. And check out was a breeze. Will definitely be coming back.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Rooms were large and clean, beds comfortable. Staff were lovely, and friendly.
But beware if you get the highway side of the building - the noise is persistent and loud - so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper! Breakfast is also below average.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johnathan K, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Sheraton in Mission Valley. We appreciate you taking them time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed the staff interactions and facility. We apologize for the noise issues and have shared your comments with our maintenance team for investigation. We have also shared your comments with our Food and Beverage team to review our offerings and make adjustments to our menu. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I booked this hotel for a bachelorette weekend in San Diego. The staff were very helpful when booking my multiple rooms, but even with confirmation numbers it took a long time to check-in (they couldn't find all of my reservations). We get to the rooms and they are great, have a nice view and had complimentary champagne, cupcakes and a balloon waiting.

Now I know what you are thinking...that doesn't warrant 2 stars. You'd be right...but this does...

Our room rate upon check-in was $130/night, but at check out it was $415/night. WTF!? I ask to speak to the manager, show her my reservation confirmation with the $130/night, get an attitude from her (she even said I don't have time for this), and was finally told she couldn't do anything about it that day and our cards would be charged the check-out rate. This process took 30+ minutes. It took over a week for the credit to show up on our credit cards. To add insult to injury, we were not offered any membership points/a free night stay/comped parking/etc.

In summary, if you plan to stay here, it is a nice hotel, great room pricing, bad customer service and you'll need to double check your bill.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank mysocalledlife80
Johnathan K, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Sheraton in Mission Valley. We are pleased to have been selected to host you and your colleagues for the weekend. Please accept our sincere apology for the mistake on your bill. We would never intentionally cause a mistake such as this and the situation was obviously not addressed correctly by our staff members. We have followed up with the staff members involved and please rest assured we have set processes in place to prevent future issues similar to yours. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope you have safe travels.