See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went out there to San Diego for a small mini vacation for his birthday . We wanted a good hotel to stay in . Our first thought was Motel 6 because we had stayed in one previously and it was very good service over all . We came to this Motel 6 because we liked the location and it was close to the beach , to markets , and to restaurants. We asked the lady up front what was the cancellation fee and if we can cancel anytime ?. She replied and that yes we are able to cancel any time that we wanted if we weren't satisfied with our stay . So we thought that was very cool and appealing as well . So we checked in around 3 and it looked like a good Motel so we didn't even bother to go check it out or even put out baggage in there . We left and we came back to the Motel around 8 that same day . We came and we where just exhausted from the fun activities that we had done . Our plan was to eat something and go to bed . So we did just stay but as soon as I am about to lay down I begin to see small little hairs all over the place . I asked my husband if he had layed down and he said no . So as we look closely I begin to notice even more hairs on the pillow cases as if they didn't change the sheets from a past costumer . We decided to call front desk and mind you there phone was so nasty that we didn't even want to touch it . It looked as if someone put there ear wax all over the phone buttons and the phone it's self . So we called to see if they can give us new sheets and she said " we only have towels , and you need to come get them because I am the only one here " . She was a very rude lady and had no respect of mine . When we wanted to go to bed and pull the sheets all we see is more hair all over and dirty streaks of dirt on the sheets . At that point we were just in disgust and wanted to leave . I went to the front desk and ask for my money back because that room was in NO condition for someone to sleep in. The lady at the office was very rude !! All she did was give me attitude the whole time I was trying to tell her my situation and to give me my money back . I don't remember her name but she was a tall Hispanic lady. I had reminded her that she was the one who told me that I can get my refund if I didn't like my room at anytime . But yet when I went to go ask for my refund she said that I was only able to get it back on the first 15 minutes I was there . I was just so upset with this company . I didn't get my money back and we had to drive 4 hours back home that same night . I will never ever go back to this hotel and I hope people read this so they won't have the worst experience I did !!!! I want my money back !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lissette S
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I chose this place because of being pet friendly. The location was good because it was close to relatives for our event. But it was poor because the entrance was right on an exit ramp from I-805. Near auto accidents almost happened by those exiting the freeway. To get to the entrance from the opposite direction meant having to either get on the I-805 expressway on ramp and immediately on the off ramp or going down the road to the Wal-Mart stop light and turning around. They should have an alternate entrance off the main drag.
Also, free internet would have been nice. It doesn't cost that much extra for them to provide this amenity.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel served its function but was very busy and had more than a few people using marijuana.
It's location to Scripts medical center was perfect.
I would not recommend this place for travelers with children.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Cheap hotel that's easy to get to albeit in kind of a sleazy area. Some restaurants around the area but not much, it is a pretty quick drive to downtown San Diego where there are lots of food options. Staff was nice and room was mostly clean. Mostly.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We stayed two consecutive weekends for soccer tournaments in San Diego. The hotel was simple and bare bones but fine for the price. Minimum amenities but rooms were fine and staff was nice. Weren't told the first weekend that wifi was free with AARP but got it the second weekend.

Room Tip: I heard that parking lot rooms were quieter than the rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family