8,651 results
All reviews seaport village harbor tower uss midway convention center huge hotel adult pool within walking distance coronado island gaslamp quarter corner room self parking the gas lamp district business conference petco park fire pit floor downtown
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed two nights to attend my sister's wedding at a downtown location. The wife and I decided to pay for a nice room with a premium view. The view of the bay was great on the 22nd floor. The room was small for the cost. Bed was comfortable and clean. The real surprise was the cost for valet parking at $34/day! Bottled water in the room was $4.50! I signed up for the Hyatt Gold Passport Service and was surprised that parking, etc. were not complementary. The hotel service was timely and friendly. A late night snack room service came up quickly by was a little pricey at $22 for nachos and not so great guacamole and salsa. I also expected free wifi in rooms but there was a charge. The coffee maker in room was sad and poorly stocked. I expected to pay for a quality room with a view - but watch out for the extras at the Hyatt - they will cost you and add up!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
KSpitz, Electronic Sales & Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Dear SierraDan,
Thank you for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled you enjoyed the view from your room and the service provided throughout your stay. We strive to provide the best in customer service and first-rate amenities so your stay is nothing less than enjoyable. Unfortunately, we do not own the parking garage that is available to our guests, so cannot control the parking prices. As far as coffee/teas being stocked in your room, I will be sure to pass this concern along to our housekeeping associates.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the Manchester Grand Hyatt on your next return to San Diego. Take care and thank you again for the feedback.
Best Regards,
Kristin Spitz

Reviewed 19 January 2011

The Service Academy Career Conference (SACC) event brought me and my colleagues to San Diego and the Machester Grand for 3 days, 3 nights in August. We were lucky to have the ability to enjoy some of what San Diego and the hotel had to offer while there on business.

Location:
The hotel is located within walking distance to the Gaslamp District, Petco Park, and is adjacent to a small outdoor mall with restaurants and shops. You can walk or take a pedicab to just about anywhere - we only used a real cab to and from the airport and to the San Diego Zoo.

Pool:
The hotel has two pools - a quiet, adult pool and a general pool. We spent some time at the general pool and there were a lot of people and it was a busy place. The chairs are packed in close and get there early to get a good spot. We then took advantage to work by the adult pool and it was much quieter and more relaxing, with a lot more space and beautiful views. There is drink and food service to the pool and both chairs and little cabanas available for use.

Rooms:
The rooms are fantastic. The bathroom is large and the beds are comfortable. The first night we had an adjoining room with one room having a queen/king sized bed and the other two double beds and it was great. We moved down the hall for the remaining two nights and the rooms were just as good. The view was INCREDIBLE! We had gorgeous views of the marina, Petco Park, and Coranado. It was so wonderful to wake up each morning to see the ocean and the city. The one suggestion I would make is that they need to upgrade the TVs - both TVs I had were terrible, old tube TVs and one remote didn't work well.

Service / Restaurants:
The customer service was fantastic for both our stay and during the SACC event. We ate at the buffet breakfast and it was decent - not sure it was worth the money the company spent to have it there. The lunch for the SACC event was also okay - however, they didn't set up enough seating that we had reserved so we had some people with no place to sit and eat.

The restaurant is so close to so many excellent restaurants that I highly suggest getting out and trying some of them.

Overall:
We had a wonderful time in San Diego and with our stay at the Manchester Grand. We enjoyed having a drink at night at the top of the hotel which offers wonderful views of the city and Coranado Island. The rooms were comfortable, the adult pool was inviting, and I look forward to returning for either work or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Dear KAllan07,
We are so thrilled that you and your colleagues enjoyed your time here at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Any time work feels like vacation, you know you're doing something right!
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review here on TripAdvisor and hope to see you back soon in San Diego. Maybe this time a vacation that feels like a vacation. :)

Best,
Kristin Spitz

Reviewed 18 January 2011

I went with my family to the hotel. First of all, the bell boyys or whatever take forever to get your bags. It has elegance and all, but the walls were paper thin, and the beds were not good for sleeping in. The pool is just absoluetly disgusting, you cant see anything. They could have cleaned up all the cups in the jaccuzi from the bar. I didn't like getting half dranken beer all over my feet. The location is great, next to seaport village.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Just got to stay one night for business... but will definetly be staying again. This is the perfect location for restaurants, bars and all downtown attractions. The zoo is a cheap cabfare ride away.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in mid-January and were pleasantly surprised to find this rather imposing and huge hotel well run and quite friendly. Our room had a fantastic view. Staff members were courteous and attentive. The location is top-notch.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business