Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
US$ 185
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 215/night.

The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 263
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 251/night.

US$ 272
US$ 233
HIExpress.com
US$ 166
US$ 176
US$ 134
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 157/night.

The Horton Grand Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 299
US$ 188
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$ 148
  • Breakfast included
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 230/night.

US$ 225
  • Room Service
8,338 results
All reviewsseaport villageharbor toweruss midwaywithin walking distanceconvention centerhuge hoteladult poolcoronado islandcorner roomgaslamp quarterself parkingthe gas lamp districtattending a conferencepetco parkfire pitfloordowntown
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Great room. Week long business event--the front desk staff were friendly and accommodating of my disability. The room & closet were FULLY wheelchair accessible, even the window drapes had an electric push button open/close. Roll-in shower and a built in shower chair. Plenty of room in Lael’s restaurant and Sally’s Seafood restaurant for maneuvering

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
KHelms, E-Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Jsam M,
Thank you for the great review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed yourself during the CSUN conference. We offer 63 accessible guest rooms and are thrilled to hear you found these useful during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to sunny San Diego and the Manchester Grand Hyatt again next year.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My assistant made last minute reservation here as Hiltons were booked.

Rate was $350+ but very close to my client's office. It was fine for one night stay, and Hyatts can be decent overall for a business trip of one overnight.

Arrived from Washington DC, checked in around 9pm, friendly check in statf ; hotel looked grand in faux Spanish style.

I was offered free night at Hotel del Coronado, and ride to/from as they were pretty booked, and just a taxi ride and about 15 minutes across the water.

But it made no sense, when I could walk tomorrow to my client for 9am meeting.

Not sure why they offer this to a person staying one night, obviously on biz.

In any case, I got my room and I found a left over room service tray left outside my door! Ta.....aacky! What is this?

Checked the left over slip on tray, and it was a ticket for my room from like 8pm.
At first I thought maybe neighbor had been the tacky one and left across his room, but no, it had to be that the room was vacated at 8pm (saw on slip the room service timing) , certainly strange check out time?

So entered the room ,and I had already noticed the 1960's pseudo traditional hallways decor, and found same dated decor in room; plus stains on carpet (that they tried to clean but didn't work) . I complained to front desk evening manager, who was apologetic, and was aware of the room age, etc. and stains.

In any case, he cut rate in half. But mentioned, as they always do, a "million x " renovation in progress (I didnt see any signs about it).

Hyatt and similar hotels should know that they need to charge less for old rooms and alert customers of their situation.

They should pay me next time to stay here! Never again I will stay at a Hyatt, and you shouldn't either. Especially this one.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank NSCDC
KHelms, E-Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear NSCDC,
On behalf of the Manchester Grand Hyatt, I'd like to apologize for your recent stay with us. At Hyatt, it is our constant, top priority to provide first rate accommodations and impeccable, authentic hospitality so I'm sorry to learn of your experience. We pay very close attention to all of our online and offline reviews so we can keep a pulse of our guests’ experience and improve where need be, so we appreciate the helpful comments.
I would like to confirm that yes; we are renovating all guestrooms, suites and Grand Club beginning in May 2012. The new look and feel will incorporate classic lines with subtle nods to the rich maritime history in San Diego, including landmarks like the Coronado Bridge and Gaslamp Quarter. This fresh new look and feel will only add to the existing bay and city views seen through floor-to-ceiling windows that open to allow in fresh ocean breezes. Each guestrooms is also currently stocked with Portico bath products, our signature Grand beds and 46" HD flat screen TV's.
I have shared your In Room Dining comments with our Food and Beverage Director who will follow up internally to address the pick-up times of trays being left in the hallways.
I’d also like to point out some of our existing amenities, including a 4th floor pool deck overlooking the San Diego bay with a fire pit perfect for roasting s'mores, a "backyard" for children to play and use during the summer months as a part of Camp Hyatt, 4 sports courts including tennis, basketball, volleyball and shuffleboard and an adults only Kin Oasis pool adjacent to our full service Kin Spa & Salon. We also provide a complementary 24-hour StayFit gym with sweeping views of the San Diego Bay. With 3 lounges, 2 full service restaurants and 2 grab-'n-go style eateries, we also provide a variety of food and beverage options for our guests.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester Grand Hyatt

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My stay here wasnt bad, it just didn't live up to my perception of a Hyatt.

The hotel is in desperate need of a renovation.

Rooms: excellent Samsung TV and awesome water pressure. Those are the only positives I found. My linen was not clean (top), the bathroom (other than the shower pressure and the toothpaste) was a huge disappointment. We didn't even get a standard number of towels each day. The decor was severly outdated, especially the desk chair. And I think the worst part was there were no working outlets EXCEPT the bathroom. Really? Not one outlet on a lamp, the desk ones didn't work, nothing. Having to pull away furniture or crawl under a desk is just unacceptable now a days.

Service I found inconsistent. Tina, who checked us in was very nice. Carlos who opened up a set of restrooms for my party to use late night by the fire pits was so great. The person (who works in banquets because "he definitely isn't a concierge" in the regency club was a destructive conversation to just listen to. I should not know that it's cheaper to not serve hot offerings in the off season, that you don't have a concierge working upstairs because it's cheaper to bring them on part time in the spring, and that you just work in banquets and dont care for management. All that from me sitting at one of the computers to print my boarding pass? I'm sure the guests he was speaking to were just as appalled as I was. This was in the evening on Sunday. The server in there on Friday was wonderful. Upon checking out, I attempted to store my bags at the bellstand and Arciello (I think) was curt and condescending. I actually went back to get my bags because he was so rude and I didn't feel comfortable after that. The Doormen are EXCELLENT and very knowledgable.

So, to sum it up, while some parts were very nice and the location I'd great, the rooms need some TLC and updating. Some employees are amazing and others are just flat out terrible. I will choose a different hotel when I return to SD.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank IntoTheAirwaves
KHelms, E-Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear IntoTheAirwaves,
We appreciate your candid review and are sorry to learn of your recent experience with us. We listen closely to all of our reviews and make sure they are shared with the appropriate managers so we can address each situation and make any changes necessary moving forward. This being said, please know I have shared your concerns with our Rooms Director and Food & Beverage Director so they will follow up internally. It is our number one goal to provide authentic and exceptional hospitality to each and every guest, so I apologize you felt this was lacking in certain areas. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the new 46" HD flat screen TV's in each guestroom and overall convenient bay front location of our hotel.
I am happy to report that our guest rooms are being completely renovated beginning in May of this year. The new look and feel will include classic lines with nods to the San Diego's maritime heritage and staple landmarks of this beautiful city. These new updates will only add to the great views and floor to ceiling windows already present in each guest room, so I hope you'll be back to experience these enhancements firsthand. If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Spent four nights and five days at this hotel in mid-February. The room was nice, but not anything beyond expectations and not great compared to price. The food in the restaurants and for room service was excellent, but also very expensive--about $30 for breakfast for example. Ordered room service which showed to be less than $20 for menu price, but after taxes, delivery charge and gratuity was almost $30, too. Was there to attend a meeting and the meeting rooms were excellent, plenty of size and layout was good plus the sound systems when needed were excellent. No problem hearing anything said. The location is also very nice, but really didn't to go anywhere much. Went to the Gas Lamp District for first night's dinner and found that the prices for food there were pretty high, too. All the food we ate while there was excellent in taste and preparation, but very pricey, too. Nothing was a bargain. Had a chance to tour the Air and Space Museum and found that to be a lot more interesting than expected plus they have a 3D/4D movie presentation that you should definitely see and experience. Seats move with 3D motion and makes you feel like actually flying or riding on a roller coaster! Most incredible viewing experience I've ever had. All in all a very nice stay, but not one I will likely do again due to the cost.

Room Tip: My room was quiet and very comfortable. Stayed on the 8th floor in a King Sized Bed room. No complaints about the room, but for the price, it was no better than it should have been.
1  Thank tnjerry
KHelms, E-Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear tnjerry,
We are delighted that you found our property to be nice and the meeting space accommodating during your conference. It also sounds like you were able to take advantage of some great museums and area attractions during your time in San Diego, which is great to hear! I do invite you to check our website for ongoing special offers and low room rates. For example over Easter Weekend we're offering room rates starting at 110/night. We also send out monthly e-blasts that include our current special offers, low rates and events. If you would like to opt-in to receive these e-blasts once per month, please e-mail kristin.helms@hyatt.com.
I hope you'll be back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel was what you would expect from a Grand Hyatt. The service was great except for the concierge's dinner recommendation. The rooms were typical hotel rooms, nice but not special. The meeting rooms were large and well done. The food provided for the meetings was actually pretty good. Dinner in the Gas Lamp district is a five minute walk. If you are a runner don't miss the FRONT steps at the convention center. Go out the front of the hotel and go right a half mile. There is a board walk by the marina at the back of the hotel that has food and shops.

Dear Clay319,
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and took advantage of the convenient surrounding area including the Gaslamp Quarter and the neighboring Seaport Village and Boardwalk along the San Diego Bay. I'm happy to report our rooms will undergo a complete renovation scheduled to begin in May of this year. The new look and feel will include classic lines and subtle nods to the maritime heritage and San Diego landmarks. We hope this will add the "special" touch to our guest rooms to only further complement the fantastic bay and city views. We do hope you'll be back to visit us again soon. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.