Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley
ExtendedStay
US$ 190
US$ 179
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 248
US$ 225
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 418
US$ 348
US$ 353
US$ 282
US$ 226
US$ 652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Mission Valley(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$ 171
US$ 144
US$ 193
US$ 165
1,048 results
All reviewstiki oasishotel circleold townhawaiian thememission valleytropical feelbit datedfashion valley mallsea worldshuttle servicefree shuttlehotel restaurantnice poolcomic confitness centerbalboa parkla jolla
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is a standard large hotel according to "formula A", with some added niceties. It does have a nice heated pool. The Islands restaurant is surprisingly good (at least the drinks, chicken wings, nachos and sliders we had for dinner). The palm trees and other greenery is nice. The breakfast however was quite bad, and the rooms are dated. The location is fairly horrible right next to the freeway, but one knows that when booking. We stayed here for Comic-Con 2012 because we could not get a more central hotel - something I would otherwise be prepared to pay a lot more for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stefanerics
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Needed to stay in San Diego. Went to the Crowne Plaza on a recomendation of a friend. The hotel is in a great spot with good access to anything around San Diego. The pool was great. We soaked up the sun in the nice warm pool. I love the waterfalls and little ponds scattered about the grounds.

3  Thank gabe k
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is by far the worst Crown Plaza that I have ever seen. I thought that Crowne Plaza was a luxury Hotel. This definitely wasn't. It is more like a motel. The maintenance outside was not up to par, my room was really dated, old furniture, and it smelled like stale smoke and mold. Maybe I got the worst room in the hotel but it was bad. I travel quite a bit for work and have stayed in a lot of hotels. This one was the worst I have stayed in in years.

Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Mark V
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Mark V,

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to apologize for any deficiencies in your guest room. Having a room that is properly cleaned and facilities that are working are standard expectations of our guests. I am sorry your experience has been otherwise. I have shared your comments with the Director of Housekeeping and Director of Engineering, to ensure future guests do not experience the same difficulties you encountered. Your comments are very helpful to us and I appreciate you taking the time to write them down.

I hope that you reconsider staying with us during a future visit to San Diego so that we can provide you with the accommodations we wish you had received in the first place. Please contact me directly at (619) 297-1101 ext 3108 and your arrangements will be handled personally.

Daniel Miranda

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Check-in was speedy and the gentleman who checked us in was charming, genial and very professional. The room was larger and brighter than virtually any other CA hotel we have stayed in. It was also spotlessly clean. We were there 6 days for our daughter to go to day camp at Sea World, so the fridge and microwave were enormously helpful for putting together her breakfast & lunch. Our room/balcony overlooked pool which was lovely. Bathroom facilities worked as you would expect, ie: no backed up toilet or drains and plenty of hot water. Double sinks were great time-savers for us, too. My child enjoyed using the pool very much and it was, in fact, even enjoyable to sit on the deck watching her. Tons of pool towels available and plenty of staff to pick up after slobs so the pool area was always clean and inviting.
That was the good, which was very good. Now the bad, which is not that bad and would not prevent us from returning: as others say, the parking price of $12 a day is steep. I'm not saying it should be free because it is a lot of land and I know land is grossly expensive in CA, but $12 bucks a day is high in my opinion. There were two nights that our upstairs neighbors kept us awake. One night it was children running back and forth, but it did stop around 11 pm. The other night we awoke to the sound of chairs being dragged around and it seemed the teens upstairs were dragging the patio chairs around on the concrete balcony. It went on til about 2 am, over and over and loud. The rest of our stay was completely quiet in spite of the many,many children we saw in and around the property. Next was the restaurant food..yuck. We ate the breakfast buffet...once. We travel a LOT and have had a better breakfast for free at less expensive hotels. Yes there are a lot of choices, but none of them actually taste good (even the cut fruit) & mind that the price is over $30 for two people! On top of that, you can't sit down yourself, you cannot get your own coffee or juice or toast...so add a fat tip, as well.
Very disappointed in quality of food for that kind of money, but live & learn, we ate elsewhere the rest of the time. Another small issue is elevator...at least the one inside the Aloha entrance in the back...very cute glass elevator that quickly loses it's charm because it is too small and decidedly not enough. There is a service elevator around the corner that I saw guests using, but we did not because we could see that the guests who did use it were in the way of the employees. The employees smiled and didn't say anything, but if they weren't annoyed, they should've been. We spent too much time waiting for an elevator or waiting for one that wasn't full. All that said, none of the down-side things were deal breakers; we would go back in a heartbeat. The things that mattered all get a big thumbs up. :)

1  Thank keekaboo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family stayed here last weekend and we had a fantastic time. The location is perfect, as it is only a few minutes drive to any of the attractions you would want to see in San Diego. The hotel itself has a very Hawaiian resort feeling and you feel like you are a thousand miles away from the the hustle and bustle of city life. The beautiful grounds, landscaping, waterfalls, and palm trees begin to relax you from the moment you arrive at this beautiful hotel. Our family spent a great deal of time in and around the pool area which is surrounded with tropical landscaping.

We chose a room on the top floor which is the Executive Club level. We had access to our own club room with computers and printers and it is the location of complimentary breakfast overlooking the river in the morning. I would definitely suggest paying a little extra for this level. The young lady that works there in the morning. Alby, is a real gem and is a great source of information about San Diego.

We all had dinner in the Islands restaurant which is casual and reasonably priced. We all loved the food. A few members of our family did not arrive until late and we joined them for a happy hour after 10PM in the Islands lounge for discounted food and drinks. What a great idea. Clare in the lounge is extremely friendly and hospitable and really makes you feel at home. Another stellar team member in a hotel that seems to have found the best and friendliest employees in the area.

My partner took advantage of a massage special one night and it completed the feeling of total relaxation for this get away weekend. It was truly like taking a vacation in Hawaii at about one tenth of the cost. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: While the pool views are great, I like the serenity of overlooking the river valley behind the hotel where it is extremely quiet and peaceful.