1,695 results
All reviewspf changsindoor poolla jollaevening receptionmall across the streetkoi pondmade to order breakfastfree happy hourparking garagecomplimentary breakfastthe sofa bedno elevatorthe breakfast areaper daybusiness centerroom keyfamily vacation
Reviewed 20 November 2010

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites La Jolla from Nov 14-17, 2010. I was here on business, but my wife and two kids had their own fun while I was working. The hotel rooms are recently renovated about 3 years ago and it shows. Nice flat screen TVs, granite in bathroom, etc. We stayed on the 11th floor out of a possible 12 floors. I'm and HHonors member and can tell you this is a Category 7 hotel which means if you wanted to use reward points to stay here it would cost you 50,000 points per night. The complimentary breakfast and manager's receptions were great. There is a parking garage of about 4 levels and costs $19/day to park in there. This hotel is geared for business travelers, but families can stay here no problem. The pool is indoors, but the very small hot tub is outdoors. The business center computers were very slow. Our blackberries could surf the internet faster! One day house keeping was very late making up our room, but it's because there were lots of people checking out that day and those rooms get priority to be made up first before existing/ongoing guests rooms are made up.

There is a Westfield Mall across the street which has a Starbucks which opens at 5am. There's also a Peets Coffee just down the street which opens at 6am. This hotel is about 20 minutes away from downtown San Diego. Definitely would stay here again if given the chance!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank 2thdoc73
EmbassyLJ-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2011

Thank you for relating your hotel experience. We wanted to let you and future guests know that our 24 hour Complimentary Business Center will be seeing a complete upgrade in the next few months, including faster Internet connections. Hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2010

My stay at this hotel was nice, located conveniently between the 805 and 5. This hotel is great for those who want to enjoy being near by La Jolla (Located La Jolla UTC) without the expensive La Jolla Shores price. I found the rooms and lobby to be clean and comfortable. If I had any complaints I'd say rooms are a bit dated but why would you go to San Diego just to hang out in your hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ATravelerCalifornia

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our convenient location allows our guests to experience the best of San Diego and La Jolla. We hope you’ll be visiting us again, soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

We have 3 teenage boys and the breakfast they provide at Embassy Suites fills the boys up and they like it. We all enjoy the free happy hour and we all have a great time sitting around and relaxing and visiting. It is worth it to us to go to ES because of the "all suites" and the food. We go here a lot and 3 times we have been upgraded to the presidential suite ( 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full living room, dining area, and the most wonderful loos you have ever seen.) The only downside there is the hotel restaurant. The food is pretty limited, expensive, and not all that good. They are never busy and I would guess that accounts for there lack of effort. The people at the front desk seem to be always on edge because sooo many people come in rude, demanding, and act like they deserve Waldorf Astoria treatment for 1/3 the price. Basically, very family friendly, a bit noisy, but clean, no bed bugs, and affordable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My wife and I have stayed at more than a half dozen Embassy Suites in several states. We love Embassy Suites - Great bang for your buck!
I'm not saying this particular property was not clean and comfortable, but the front desk people were not very helpful. and it costs $17 a day to park. Considering the fact that it is located in a high-end business area of San Diego/La Jolla called "the Golden Tiangle" I was disappointed at the level of service we received. There were no parking spots reserved for check-in so one has to park in the parking structure (no elevator) and haul your own bags. The bellperson is not always present and there is only one luggage cart. The breakfast offerings were minimal compared to other Embassy Suites.

When my wife went to use the pool for the first time - we discovered her room key card did not work (1 of 2) She as not asked her room number but rather refused assistance unless she showed ID - she was on her way to the pool!! She didn't have ID! When we complained to the manager, we got a wimpy "that shouldn't have happened" No real apology or effort to make it up.

As I said - when compared to other Embassy suites and considering it's location - I was dissapointed.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Overall this is a nice hotel in La Jolla. The layout is typical for Embassy Suites but we did not notice excess noise from the courtyard. Rooms were clean and reasonable in size. The living area is in the front half of the room, with couch and chair, work-desk, phone, flat screen tv, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink. If you are having an extended stay, you could keep some food/drink in the room but it's not a kitchenette. The bedroom was comfortable with its own flat screen tv and the bathroom was clean and modern.
The breakfast is excellent and free, and the service staff was friendly and efficient. The fitness center was nice too--a decent size pool and modern cardio equipment with some hand weights.
Our only complaints were the extra (and in our minds, excess) daily charges for what many hotels include for free: $19 for parking and $14ish for internet, and the lack of responsiveness from the front desk. When we complained about the internet charge, the front desk mentioned they had a business center where we could use the internet for free. It's not the same.
Also, we had a few issues with our room--the phone in the bedroom would not call the front desk and the bathtub would not drain. We called about both and neither was fixed nor was there a follow-up call to verify the isses had been addressed. The coffee in the room was never refilled. Upon check in, our Hilton Honors membership was not recognized nor does it get you anything other than points.
So, if management would encourage their front desk staff to respond quickly and follow up with guests, we would have rated the hotel higher. Otherwise, it's still a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
EmbassyLJ-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Your comments and experiences have been reviewed with all departments involved in an effort to improve on our service delivery. I assure you we are committed to taking whatever steps are necessary to insure we provide our valued customers with the highest level of service and comfort. We hope that you will visit us again if the opportunity presents itself as your service experience is not indicative of the level we strive to provide our guest every day.