1,694 results
All reviewspf changsindoor poolla jollaevening receptionmall across the streetkoi pondmade to order breakfastfree happy hourparking garagethe sofa bedcomplimentary breakfastno elevatorthe breakfast areaper daybusiness centerroom keyfamily vacation
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Went here for a business trip but brought my cousin along from overseas. The staff was amazing. From the easy check-in process w/ Genesis, to Iniego helping us with our luggage and giving us water, Aida taking care of us during breakfast, Giselle notifying me that I forgot my phone at valet, Aaliyah ensuring a fast no hassle check-out....the complete solution. Best staff of any Embassy Suites I have stayed at. Will definitely stay here again and recommend to business associates, family, and friends!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This is a typical big city Embassy Suites. It is older, but has been recently updated and looks very nice. The location is great, right across the street from a mall and there is a PF Chang's in front of the hotel. I stayed here for 7 nights using reward points, so I can't speak to the value, but I did look at the pricing and in my opinion, it is a bit overpriced during high season. It isn't ridiculous, but high for a mid-range hotel.

The property is very clean inside and out. I never saw any trash anywhere, the carpets were clean and it smelled fresh. The same applies to the room where everything was spotless. There were no stains on the carpet or furniture and the bathroom was clean. While recently updated, the bathroom still has the original beige tub and stone floors that just can't be cleaned anymore. It looks a bit dingy, but it is in fact clean. Housekeeping was a bit inconsistent. Some days I wouldn't get a new supply of tea, another the overflowing trash wasn't emptied, one day they took the dirty towels and didn't replace them, etc. And, some days it was perfect.

The suites are large as at most Embassy Suites with this design. The amenities are nice, everything worked in the room, and the TV had lots of HD channels. The TV is very slow to respond, which was an annoyance. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens and huge pillows. I never heard anything through the walls. I could hear kids screaming from the atrium through the door, but I couldn't hear it in the bedroom at all. The standard wi-fi was plenty fast for what I wanted to do.

All of the staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful, especially Shara from room service. There was a bit of a hassle when I added extra nights to my reward stay. I had to make a separate reservation and then wait until that morning to get new keys. I know it is possible to add days to existing keys (I worked at a DoubleTree), but that seemed impossible here. It wasn't a deal breaker, but it was a bit of a drag.

The reasons I knocked one star off my review were relatively minor and would not stop me from staying here again. They were, however, an annoyance. The parking structure is way too narrow in some places. I saw two incidents where someone banged into another car while trying to turn around. My advice is to continue all the way to the top deck where there is plenty of room to maneuver. Drop your bags at the entrance before parking because there is no elevator in the structure and it is not attached to the hotel. There is no valet parking. The charge is $28 per day, which is typical in this area.

I never made it to breakfast mostly because it ends at 9 am on weekdays and that's too early for me. On the weekend when it runs later, it was overrun with screaming children and there were no tables available. I'm sure the food is typical of Embassy Suites and perfectly fine, but there isn't nearly enough seating for such a large hotel. I ordered room service a few times for dinner and the food was very good, delivered promptly and a reasonable price (for a hotel). However, a friend and I walked out of the restaurant one night because no one waited on us. So, stick to room service for food at the hotel.

My biggest peeve with hotels these days is when they use a motion sensor to activate the A/C. In this case, the sensor is located in the living room part of the room, so every few hours during the night the A/C would turn off and it would get hot in the bedroom. It got so warm that it woke me up and I would have to walk to the other room to reactivate it. There might be a sensor on the thermostat in the bedroom, but it is behind the door and wouldn't work anyway. The windows don't open, so you are reliant on air conditioning and it should stay on all night.

In spite of the shortcomings, I would definitely stay here under similar circumstances. It is close to local attractions and both Scripps and UCSD Hospitals. I moved to another nearby luxury hotel for one night and it wasn't nearly as pleasant as the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank davegidd
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for nine nights during our family vacation. The pictures online do not do it justice. Beautiful hotel centrally located to Sea World, Lego Land, San Diego Zoo and the Safari park. The staff was extremely friendly, happy hour was fantastic, and the place was beyond clean. A nice outdoor mall was located directly across the street within a short walking distance that had plenty of shopping and restaurants to eat at. I highly recommended this hotel to anyone looking to visit San Diego. The only downfall is they do charge a parking fee of $20 a night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I was on a week long Business trip. The duration was one full week. Sunday through Friday. I experienced consistent - excellent breakfast and lunch/dining experience each day. I travel a great deal for my job every year. Approximately 4 months out of the year. I will always seek out Embassy Suites Hotels for business and my personal family travel and vacations. The complimentary breakfast is almost a must when traveling with kids.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Nice looking hotel with one of the friendliest and knowledgeable staffs we have ever experienced. Hotel is very clean and well-kept up in a great location. Complementary full breakfasts were wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple