1,285 results
All reviews shuttle service free shuttle freeway side front desk mcrd graduation marine graduation pancake machine san diego airport breakfast room free breakfast underground parking hot tub rental car desk staff special thanks sea world hot breakfast
Reviewed 27 February 2017

So, it's not in the most glamorous location in San Diego. Though they say "Old Town", Old Town is a good shuttle bus ride away.

But the folks are really nice, the hotel is clean and safe, the shuttle from the airport is quick and free, and they will pretty much take you anywhere close by shuttle for free as long as you sign up.

Breakfast was free and good.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NoRebounds
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Holiday Inn Express San Diego, strives to provide stellar service to each and every one of our guests and we are pleased to read that we were able to make a memorable impact during your stay.
Again, thank you for the great review! Have a great day.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Jose at the front desk was a bright spot on a tough day. I had to make a last-minute trip because of a medical emergency and didn't have a hotel reservation. Jose helped me find a handful of discounts to get an affordable room on a busy Saturday evening. He was patient and generous and I greatly appreciated his kindness.

Checkout was easy and the shuttle driver offered to make an extra trip to get me to the airport quickly.

The room was adequate with an interesting view of the airport and I-5 freeway but the cleaning chemicals used in the bathroom were unpleasantly pungent.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DCTA13

Dear Guest,

Thank you! We are delighted to read such a good review about Holiday Inn Express Old Town. All our staff are dedicated to offer the ultimate all inclusive experience and it is rewarding to know that we are achieving our main goal – Your comfort!!! Have a great day.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Excellent shuttle service, very friendly staff, included breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

Requested, and was allocated, a quiet room which enabled a good nights sleep.

The service by provided by the staff at this hotel is outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhitlocksEnd
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about Holiday Inn Express Old Town, and your 4 Star review. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us such a nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our free shuttling we have to offer to our guest. Always great to hear you had a nice relaxing time and good night sleep. Hope to see you soon when in San Diego area again. Have a great day.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

This was by far the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in. The lobby was small but luxurious. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. There is a very well-stocked mini-mart just off the lobby, and you can charge your purchase to your room. I had a room with a single queen bed. The bed was super comfortable with really nice bedding. The shower was clean and refreshing after a morning spent at my son's Marines graduation. The free shuttle to and from the Marines Base and the San Diego Airport was the reason I chose this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised with everything else.

Room Tip: My room was on the side opposite the highway, and I had no noise complaints.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JanaH648

Dear Guest,

Thank you! We are delighted to read such a good review about Holiday Inn Express Old Town. All our staff are dedicated to offer the ultimate all inclusive experience and it is rewarding to know that we are achieving our main goal – Your comfort!!! Have a nice day.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

At first I thought a made a big mistake. The hotel looks more like a motel, and I'm sure at one time it was. This is not your traditional Holiday Inn. The rooms are tiny, but comfortable and clean. Tip: ask for a room that is furthest from the busy highway, otherwise it will be noisy. The owners/ management have done the best that can be done to make you comfortable. I would stay here again. We checked in late and purchased some frozen dinners and had s good nights sleep. Good value hotel.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Gabe T
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete the survey on your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We thank you for the kind words you said about us in your review. We are so glad you had a great stay with us ,we look forward to your return to San Diego. Have a good day.