2,288 results
All reviews tequila factory whaley house plaza level great location spanish style several buildings mexican food different buildings on site restaurant within walking distance restaurants and shops beautiful hotel parking garage free breakfast trolley station rooms are large coffee maker
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

My wife booked a room for several nights so we could explore Old Town and go to Del Mar horse races for opening day.

Hotel has a nice ambiance. Much different than the standard Best Western.
It is spread out on a hillside and there are several buildings.
Parking in their garage can be a challange!For the most part the staff was caring and helpful. Check in can be arduous, but try and be patient.

We plan on returning to Old Town with some friends and another couple enjoyable days exploring the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2016

My entire family went to San Diego for a wedding reception in Old Town. My husband and I booked far in advance the best suite they had and my daughter and two grandchildren booked the next best suite. My son booked two other rooms since there were no more suits available. From the moment we arrived there were problems. Registration was a nightmare with each person taking 10-15 minutes to go through the process. After waiting in a long line we were told our rooms were not ready. We then came back an hour later had to wait in the line again and found out only one room was ready. Parking was truly beyond disgusting. I have a large sedan and our daughter has a large SUV. None of the spaces were large enough and there are at least 6 floors. The worst part is you can't reach the hotel from the parking structure until you take two elevators!!!
Our room was like a giant shell of a room. One room had to murphy beds, the other huge room (it was originally a conference room) had only 6 pieces of furniture on dirty floors and the air conditioning (free standing with large black hoses running from it) did not work. The worst part of this cavern was there were NO WINDOWS!!! Also what they called pillows were hundreds of pieces of rough foam stuffed into a pillow case which made sleep almost impossible. When I called to see if we could have other pillows I was told they were all out! The bathroom was barely large enough for one person!
My daughter's suite was in an alcove and very dark. This was the room that was supposedly ready. The housekeeper accosted them when they tried to put their luggage in the room so they could sit by the pool until she was finished. Even though they were told the room was ready she would not allow them access just to deposit their things! Also it was almost impossible to enter the room since a huge private barbeque well over 75 people, was going on right outside of their entrance. They were very loud and boisterous and having fun but it went on for hours and hours.
The entire experience was so disappointing to everyone from our party who stayed there. The final insult was when my daughter was emailed her receipt there was a $250.00 surcharge for "the smell of marijuana" in her room! OMG but what a mistake. When she called she was told they were sorry they must have gotten the wrong room number!!!! I would give it zero stars if I were allowed.
We wanted to be in Old Town and that was our first and biggest mistake! Absolutely go anywhere else but this hotel. It is called a Best Western Plus. Can you imagine just a plain old Best Western???

Room tip: None that we could see!! Just horrible and 3 rate all the way!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sherry T
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful property room was great the ac was working great kept the room nice and cool was able to see the fire works from our room on the 4th of July Erich was great it saved us from having to drive down to the bay and having to deal with traffic restaurant is amazing!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Excellent in every respect.. Hotel staff were pleasant, room was clean, bed comfortable; on site restaurant was a plus. Nice patio outside of room with patio table, chairs, umbrella. Beautiful landscaping.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Finding a hotel to stay at when you aren't all too familiar with the city is a difficult task all on its own. Add having to plan out a trip to Comic-Con in a place that you've never stayed at adds a lot more uneasiness when booking. Thankfully this place was great overall, and I had no problems with the staff, location, or cleanliness of the hotel. The only con to this place was that it can be tricky to find your room the first time you're looking for it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends