“Great Full Irish Breakfast at all Hours”
Review of Stout Public House

Stout Public House
Ranked #1,407 of 5,483 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 16
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Neighborhood Irish Pub serving great food,16 draft beers, 75 whiskeys and showing all NHL hockey games, Champions League soccer matches, and NFL football games.
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stout is an Irish pub as dark as the wonderful Guinness they serve. Nothing fancy, and a wonderful selection of whiskey. Their full Irish breakfast made for a great dinner during my visit, and I look forward to having it again.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

The Stout Public House is definitely worth a visit. The food my friends and I had was very good. My buddy had a hamburger that was tasty. I had some very delicious Irish stew. I would highly recommend it! Very similar to the stews I had in Dublin, Cork and Doolin. Try it! Hearty with lots of beef, vegetables, spices and a hint of sweetness. Restaurant should definitely have a higher ranking on Trip Advisor for San Diego...

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Bartender Mark can and will pour a nice cold frothy (beer) and Stout has many to choose from. I found Mark very easy to talk to and he always made me feel welcome. Waitress Alison was an absolute gem. She has a a lovely personality, it was as if I'd known her for years. Her ability to interact with customers while providing top notch service is outstanding. She was very entertaining and professional. The food was to die for. I had the corned beef on the first night and the shepherds pie on the second night. Both were great home style meals and very good value for money. I've traveled to many parts of the world and this would have to be my new favorite pub/bar. Cheers from Australia.
P.S if you like ice hockey this is your bar. It plays every game.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

great people and a fun place. can't go wrong here...stop by when you are in the neighborhood. oh, if you like hockey this is your home away from home. even if you don't like hockey this is an awesome pub.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Very much enjoyed hanging out there last night. Bartender was veery friendly and fast. The Beer selection was pretty good and you have hockey on TV was a bonus!

2  Thank Steve R