1,957 results
All reviewsamaya restaurantadult poolrelaxation poolchocolate covered oreosprado suitefour seasonsamazing propertyfamily pooltennis courtspool servicerooms are beautifulstar resortturn down serviceroom servicesouthern californiafitness centerthe san diego area
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Stayed 1 night for a company holiday party. No pool time or golfing, but the grounds were very clean and quiet. If you are looking for somewhere to escape and get away, this is it.

Loved the room! We were on the 3rd floor (lobby level) overlooking the adult pool. This was definitely one of the nice hotel rooms I have been in. Bed, couch, full size tub. TV in the vanity area across form the shower, so you could watch TV while you shower. Plenty of closet space as well. No cheap fixtures or furniture, all very nice and felt more like a home and less of a hotel room. Balcony was a bit small but if you open both sliders you can make accommodate more people.

My one complaint: No ice machine? I walked around the halls for a bit before one of the cleaning people found me and told me the ice machine was hidden in a closet, and not accessible to guests?

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for your detailed review and we are happy to learn you enjoyed your experience with us at Fairmont Grand Del Mar. As it relates to ice machines, ice is provided to all guests at evening turn down service. Should you desire ice prior to turn down, our in-doom dining team is happy to deliver it directly to your room. We take great pride in providing excellent service to our guests and we hope to welcome you back again for a future stay.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

In a nutshell, the little things (and for our trip, one very big thing) are missing here. The grounds and hotel itself are BEAUTIFUL. Staff is polite and helpful, but yet somehow there are (rather huge) service gaps here.
We were in a Toscana suite, very spacious with a dining table and nice view. There were three adults and one child. Our room had one bed and a pullout sofa. I'm not sure if the staff thought we would all sleep in the one bed together but there were no pillows or blankets for the sofa bed - we were told to check for extra in the closet, where I found one pillow. When paying over $800/night for a room, attention to detail is kind of thing I expect. We travelled with our (hypoallergenic 4 pound) puppy and as such were put in a "pet" suite, i.e. the carpet is nothing you want to walk on without socks - on the bright side the puppy was supplied with a bed, it was just the humans who were left wondering how'd they'd sleep comfortably. And the answer to that question was NOT AT ALL if you are sleeping on the pullout couch, not even the 4 year old could be convinced, we ended up calling for a single cot which two of us squished on and were 1000% more comfortable than the pullout.
Our experience fell apart with the dining experience. Long story short, my daughter has severe allergies, I made pre arrival food plans, confirming a list of her safe foods with the F&B Manager, and unfortunately they were not followed through on, compounded by the fact that she was also served food that she's allergic to. Luckily, for some reason, she choose not eat pasta that night, and we were saved from a life threatening situation - after I was informed by the staff that the pasta did in fact contain eggs, one of my daughter's anaphylactic allergies. Please note that the Manager did call and apologize and noted they would look into the situation as to ensure it did not happen again. Unfortunately, it happened at all, and our faith in the Fairmont food and beverage staff standards is certainly gone.
Overall, this is a beautiful property. If you are someone looking for wine and dine and beautiful things, you will be impressed here. If you appreciate a little more substance for your money, you will be left wanting.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Kyla M
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Lovely hotel on spacious grounds. Staff is helpful and the rooms are attractive, spacious and clean. I found I wanted to spend more time at the hotel than I had planned. We really enjoyed the pool area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time at the resort and at the pool! We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Best hotel experience ever. Dinner and the service at Addison was impeccable, best ever dining experience. I just wish the prices were a bit more readily available without having to ask. I knew it would be expensive but I guess the assumption is, if you're dining here, you probably don't care about the price (but I do). Was offered 4 different champagne options to start, with all the details of each one except the price. Turned out I chose champagne that was $50/glass. I should've asked first...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Wonderful hotel in a good location for visiting the San Diego area. Everyone was very helpful. The room and amenities are top drawer. Although we did not play golf, our walk about the course shows a beautiful layout.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
FairmontGrandDelMar, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving with us here at Fairmont Grand Del Mar! We hope to welcome you back again for another stay and maybe a round on the course next time! It's as enjoyable to play as it is to walk around. Thank you again for your review.